John Lewis Returns Policy - no quibble?

woah_toughguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Might take the plunge on a TV after all the great advice in here

But... is the John Lewis returns policy comparable to Richer Sounds eg: 14 days return, no quibbles?

Don't want any hassle / resistance to returning the set if it's not right for the space, and wondered if anyone had issues with JL previously?

Cheers!

Might take the plunge on a TV after all the great advice in here

But... is the John Lewis returns policy comparable to Richer Sounds eg: 14 days return, no quibbles?

Don't want any hassle / resistance to returning the set if it's not right for the space, and wondered if anyone had issues with JL previously?

Cheers!
The JL policy for non faulty items is refunds only if unused/unopened. So if you want to trial, best use RS
Refund policy | Customer services | John Lewis (see FAQs)

Distance selling 14 day right of return allows you to use item. But to avoid any penalty, I make sure I have an exact record of how it was wrapped etc. And then returned in perfect condition in original wrapping etc. I've just returned 2 items under this - one several £k, the other under £100.

Distance selling 14 day right of return allows you to use item. But to avoid any penalty, I make sure I have an exact record of how it was wrapped etc. And then returned in perfect condition in original wrapping etc. I've just returned 2 items under this - one several £k, the other under £100.
Distance selling regs are normally clear cut, but the grey area comes when the goods are opened, removed from packaging or used. You still have the right to cancel/return, but I would expect some push back over the fact that the item has now been devalued. There would likely be a reduction in the refund they offer compared to the price you paid, dependent on the condition.

The other thing to think about is, if they allow TVs to be sent back with no quibble, who’s to say the one you buy hasn’t been used and sent back by somebody.

The other thing to think about is, if they allow TVs to be sent back with no quibble, who’s to say the one you buy hasn’t been used and sent back by somebody.

True, although that could be said of a lot of stuff you end up buying online. These returns don't just get destroyed (rightly)!

It’s a tricky one alright, I ordered a 55cx from John Lewis today so hopefully nobody has had it before me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom