John Lewis 'Retires' Price Match

Gaslight

Although, my annoyance with JL's Customer Service is at an all time high, their choice to retire their 'Never Knowingly Undersold' price matching sucks...as I have done alright out of that a few times, especially with TV's..

They are infinitely easier to deal with than Currys Price Match team..who rarely actually accept the price match!

I doubt we will see Costco pricing with this £500mil investiment, so its just a money saving ploy I would imagine..their books havent looked good for the past few years.

Dear customer,

I'm delighted to let you know that today we're announcing a £500 million investment so that we can bring John Lewis quality to you at great value prices, every day. As the cost of living rises, we have all become more conscious of our spending habits and with this new investment, we will ensure that we're offering you the quality, style, service and trust that you expect from us, whatever your budget.

With this in mind, we will be retiring our Never Knowingly Undersold policy this summer. Established back in 1925 and a hallmark of trust for nearly a century, we recognise that this policy is no longer serving you in the way that we would like, as it doesn't allow us to match prices from online-only retailers. Due to the increase in online shopping, driven further by the events of the last two years, our £500 million investment will ensure that all of our customers will benefit from fair and great value prices that you can trust, whether you choose to shop in our stores or online.

Our founding philosophy to treat all of our customers fairly remains unchanged. You can be assured that we will continue to monitor prices from other high street retailers, and that our investment means that we can proactively lead on great value pricing in the future.

Best wishes,
t_space

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
Rarely used it so no loss to me in fact I rarely shop at JL and we have a large store in Edinburgh.

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
It was predominantly used by time wasters anyway. “Firing off” 10 or so price matches, bragging they’ve got a price “locked in” then letting the deadline purchase date elapse without giving it a second thought.

I’d imagine if more people actually used it rather than flirted with it they probably wouldn’t be scrapping it.

Gaslight

It was predominantly used by time wasters anyway. “Firing off” 10 or so price matches, bragging they’ve got a price “locked in” then letting the deadline purchase date elapse without giving it a second thought.

I’d imagine if more people actually used it rather than flirted with it they probably wouldn’t be scrapping it.

Yeah, I can imagine this probably added to some of their reasoning definitely, they must have had staff whose sole roles where to do the price matching, and that costs dollar.

jjwales

I initially read this as:

John Lewis 'Retires' Pride March​

and was surprised as I didn't know they held one!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom