1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Lewis - Purchasing Query

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by 1ofaKind, Mar 6, 2005.

1. 1ofaKind

1ofaKind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

I am looking at getting a Sharp LCD from John Lewis over the web (rather than visiting a store as its about 15m away).

Can anyone post their experience of how quick delivery is - do they contact or give you a date - is it their own trucks or do they use outside contractors.

They are a bit more expensive for the LCD I'm after but the 5 year warranty has swung it for me :)

Cheers

2. vgopal

vgopal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not ordered a lcd tv form john lewis but ive had experience of other items, 2 dishwashers

they were delivered in a john lewis truck and i believe they come from a central john lewis warehouse.
    they were informative on delivery and very helpful, as i had cancelled one of the dishwashers and ordered a replacement, i ended up with 2 :rolleyes: . so i would say they are very good overall! :thumbsup:

3. MikeRich

MikeRich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My CRT was from John Lewis and I've ordered plenty of other things from them. They deliver in their own truck, you can arrange a time interval (say 07:30 - 13:00) and I've never had them fail to meet their deadline.

Two thumbs up here for service - their no-quibble fault policy is pretty much unbeatable.

HTH.

Mike.

4. motr

motr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have ordered a 26GA3E from JL online last Thursday and I have a parcelforce tracking number, so mine won't be delivered by JL themselves.

An update. My Sharp has just arrived, so my wife has just said. It was delivered by Parcel Force. Luckily, my wife had just got in from the shops.

City Link had also tried to deliver my DVD recorder but are coming back tomorrow morning and my cables from Cable Universe (brilliant service by the way) arrived this morning at work.

Now, John Lewis, ok, so it took them 2 working days to deliver, not including the Thursday I ordered it on, BUT, it states I shall receive an email from them telling me that it has been despatched - that was not received.

Apart from that, I have no complaints so far.

I can't actually set everything up yet until my rented TV is removed (hopefully this week).

Cheers

Wayne