1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Lewis Pricematch

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by yaris123, Jul 20, 2005.

1. yaris123

yaris123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys i was wondering what you experiences with JL and Price Matching are like. Im interested in buying the samsung PS42S5H and noticed john lewis selling them. So i send them an email asking if they would price match one of about 7 retailers admittedly some were web-retailers others have stores as well. I get an email back stating that:

I appreciate that in this instance there is a significant price difference on this item, however I can advise that neither John Lewis Direct or John Lewis stores have ever matched internet prices. This is because we are unable to verify the quality or legitimacy of goods advertised on other websites.

In addition, the 'Never Knowingly Undersold' policy of John Lewis stores has never applied online. Our stores are able to match prices with other competitors in their local area, however due to prices varying regionally neither John Lewis stores or John Lewis Direct are able to match prices on a national basis.
    As well as stating that they John Lewis does not currently price match either internet sites or non-web based retailers.

So why have a pricing policy??
    Anyone else understand this as if they dont match non web-based retailers why bother.

2. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Please do a search on the forum as there is loads of information regarding John Lewis price matching. For the record John Lewis Direct do not and have never price matched also John Lewis stores will price match against internet only retailers.

3. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Use the search option at the top of this panel and search for John Lewis, and you'll probably come back with a couple of hundred threads about this ;)

Cheers

Andy