John Lewis pricematch

TheBaron

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, ordered a Tosh 36ZP48 from JL Bluewater before the weekend at £999 del inc 5yr warranty. :)

However, RGBdirect they price match with are now doing it for £899.

I am sure I read that the pricematch lasts for 28 days here but cannot now find a reference, can anyone confirm/help ?

:lesson:

TIA

It's actually displayed in the stores themselves. If you buy an item from JL and can find it cheaper elsewhere they will refund the difference. This obviously applies to high street shops only, not internet only outfits. RGB Direct should be OK then as they have a high street presence.

neilmcl,

thanks, I shall ring them tommorow, tv not turning up til 20th feb...... :mad:

hate to pay over the odds....salesman was saying what a great price at £999.....which it is, even better with a £100 in my hand ;)

I have one of the JL leaflets in front of me (currently trying to get a 32DX200 matched)......It says......

If you find the same item you have just bought from us selling for less at another shop in the UK, we will refund the difference.
We make this offer as we do not wish you to regret buying from us. We do not set a fixed period within which you can claim, but would normally consider it reasonable that claims are made within 28 days of purchase.
As stated, the price difference must be on exactly the same item (brand, model, colour, etc).
We match the price at which the competitor sells the item to customers generally, not a negotiated or special price for particular individuals (eg store card holders).
We do not price match, or accept refund claims, in respect of outlets which are not normal shops, eg membership clubs, market stalls, duty free shops, mail order catalogues, or the Internet.

Hope that helps........... :smashin:

TheBaron said:
Hi, ordered a Tosh 36ZP48 from JL Bluewater before the weekend at £999 del inc 5yr warranty. :)

However, RGBdirect they price match with are now doing it for £899.

:lesson:

TIA

Just wonder, have you actually spoken to RGB yet ? I phoned them last week to order one (when they had them advertised for £999) and they told me that they were only selling them as a bundle, i.e. with a DVD player or DVD recorder, not on their own. I did point out that they had them advertised on their website individually, but they said that if I placed an order on their site, I would get a phone call to tell me about the bundle deal and ask what item I was going to bundle with it, and if not, they would cancel the order.

Have they changed this policy this week ? If they are only selling them as a bundle, then JL won't price match.

I have mine on order with JL for £1045, but once it turns up I will try and get a price match to £899 if RGB are selling them on their own.

Kevin.

Have you tried Sound and Vision Online. They've got the 36ZP48 for £898.99 incl delivery. They've also got a High St. presence so JL should match their price.

JL wont pricematch Sound and Vision because apparentley JL dont believe Sound and Vision source their stock from the UK and items are not always pricemarked in the the shop.Or so they told me!

madcyril said:
JL wont pricematch Sound and Vision because apparentley JL dont believe Sound and Vision source their stock from the UK and items are not always pricemarked in the the shop.Or so they told me!

I'm sure I've read other threads that have had a JL price match with S&V.

You'll see from other JL Pricematch threads that it's very much a lottery depending who you speak to, and what sort of mood they're in.

It's no good quoting past matches, as each is taken on its merits. :lesson:

Unfair? Yes, but if you've got the stamina (or are bloody-minded like TG!) you'll get a bargain in the end. :clap:

(Don't forget that free 5 yr guarantee!)

Good luck! :thumbsup:

I've decided (after much deliberating) to go for the Tosh 36ZP48 and have just phoned John Lewis. They are currently out of stock but expect stock in on 1st Feb. I have asked them to price match Sound & Vision or RGB Direct at the price of £899. If I could get them to do that price with 5 yr warranty I'd be laughing. I should get an answer in a couple of days. I'll let you know the result.

I'm also in the process of getting a price match from John Lewis Bluewater for the 36ZP48 with both RGB and Sound & Vision.

The person I spoke to said they wouldn't match Sound & Vision as it was outside the 30 mile limit and therefore I'm hoping RGB will come through else I'll be phoning every other JL to match.

Let me know how you get on.

kmm said:
Just wonder, have you actually spoken to RGB yet ? I phoned them last week to order one (when they had them advertised for £999) and they told me that they were only selling them as a bundle, i.e. with a DVD player or DVD recorder, not on their own. I did point out that they had them advertised on their website individually, but they said that if I placed an order on their site, I would get a phone call to tell me about the bundle deal and ask what item I was going to bundle with it, and if not, they would cancel the order.

Have they changed this policy this week ? If they are only selling them as a bundle, then JL won't price match.

I have mine on order with JL for £1045, but once it turns up I will try and get a price match to £899 if RGB are selling them on their own.

Kevin.

I spoke to JL Bluwater today and they were a bit flaky about matching RGBdirect, I assumed they were already as I had checked RGB and they were at £999 at the time and the JL web site was quoting £1045 {but bluewater quoted £999 without me asking for a pricematch) :confused: but the internet price had jumped UP to £1250 and still is . :devil:

They wanted to be sure they were in stock and it was an advertised genuine price etc etc, I said I had seen it on the web and assumed the store price was the same. They will contact me in a few days.

I will report back. :smashin:

TheBaron said:
I spoke to JL Bluwater today and they were a bit flaky about matching RGBdirect, I assumed they were already as I had checked RGB and they were at £999 at the time and the JL web site was quoting £1045 {but bluewater quoted £999 without me asking for a pricematch) :confused: but the internet price had jumped UP to £1250 and still is . :devil:

They wanted to be sure they were in stock and it was an advertised genuine price etc etc, I said I had seen it on the web and assumed the store price was the same. They will contact me in a few days.

I will report back. :smashin:

Baron................Did you have any luck on RGB ?????

Thanks in advance

Pieman1972 said:
Baron................Did you have any luck on RGB ?????

Thanks in advance

Pieman, yes, got a nice letter from JL Bluewater agreeing to match the RGB price.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Correct me if I'm wrong (I usually am :)), but I thought one of the conditions of the JL pricematch was that both JL and the store you want them to match with both had to have stock.

As far as I can see, no JL store (or the JL website) have any stock of the 36zp48, and JL (apparantly) won't be getting any in until (at least) the end of Feb.

Kevin.

kmm said:
Correct me if I'm wrong (I usually am :)), but I thought one of the conditions of the JL pricematch was that both JL and the store you want them to match with both had to have stock.

As far as I can see, no JL store (or the JL website) have any stock of the 36zp48, and JL (apparantly) won't be getting any in until (at least) the end of Feb.

Kevin.

JL Nottingham have one, at least on display anyway.

kmm said:

Kevin.

I was told they were getting stock into their Milton Keynes warehouse w/c 7th Feb, so I should get it delivered by 20th :thumbsup:

TheBaron said:
I was told they were getting stock into their Milton Keynes warehouse w/c 7th Feb, so I should get it delivered by 20th :thumbsup:

Out of interest, who told you that ? MK customer services ?

I actually spoke to John Lewis buyers at Head Office who told me that the Feb 1st shipment (which presumably would have formed part of the MK stock) didn't arrive from Toshiba, and that the next possible warehouse arrival date (in stores about a week later) is Feb 28th.

The guy did state that this date was tentative, and there is no guarantee that (like the Feb 1st date) any will actually materialise.

He also told me that because of their (JL's) pricematch policy, and having to pricematch so many cheaper sources, JL were actually losing money on these units, and to be candid, he told me, it's really not worth selling them.

I would be surprised if MK got some in on the 7th (or w/c). I have had my order in since Jan 5th, and the earliest I might get one would be 2nd week in March. I say might, because the number of pre-orders is significantly larger than the proposed delivery number on Feb 28th, so any orders will be filled on a 1st come 1st served basis, with any outstanding orders being filled with later (if any) shipments. The guy couldn't tell me if my order was (theoretically) within the Feb 28th batch or not, so I will have to wait and see.

Kevin.

kmm said:
Out of interest, who told you that ? MK customer services ?

I actually spoke to John Lewis buyers at Head Office who told me that the Feb 1st shipment (which presumably would have formed part of the MK stock) didn't arrive from Toshiba, and that the next possible warehouse arrival date (in stores about a week later) is Feb 28th.

The guy did state that this date was tentative, and there is no guarantee that (like the Feb 1st date) any will actually materialise.

He also told me that because of their (JL's) pricematch policy, and having to pricematch so many cheaper sources, JL were actually losing money on these units, and to be candid, he told me, it's really not worth selling them.

I would be surprised if MK got some in on the 7th (or w/c). I have had my order in since Jan 5th, and the earliest I might get one would be 2nd week in March. I say might, because the number of pre-orders is significantly larger than the proposed delivery number on Feb 28th, so any orders will be filled on a 1st come 1st served basis, with any outstanding orders being filled with later (if any) shipments. The guy couldn't tell me if my order was (theoretically) within the Feb 28th batch or not, so I will have to wait and see.

Kevin.

Well, thank you for depressing me :eek:

I spoke to JL Bluewater on monday and the girl checked on her computer system for what that is worth :rolleyes:

I doubt they are losing money directly....they must buy cheaper than RGB...... oh well it buys them some goodwill....as long as they supply :suicide:

TheBaron said:
Well, thank you for depressing me :eek:

I spoke to JL Bluewater on monday and the girl checked on her computer system for what that is worth :rolleyes:

I doubt they are losing money directly....they must buy cheaper than RGB...... oh well it buys them some goodwill....as long as they supply :suicide:

Don't worry, I depressed myself aswell :suicide:

Unfortunately, when you checked with the girl on her computer system (as I initially did) on Monday, that was Jan 31st, and as such they were still expecting their shipment the next day, the 1st.

I also phoned the girl on her computer system yesterday (2nd) and she couldn't give me any info, and that's when I phoned Head Office to be told.....Well, you know the rest.

It's just a waiting game now....and I'm not a very patient person :rolleyes:

Kevin.

kmm said:
It's just a waiting game now....and I'm not a very patient person :rolleyes:

Kevin.

Ho Hum, well I have survived with my trusty 25" Panasonic for about 15 years and it has not missed a beat so I can wait a few weeks I guess :confused:

As long as it does turn up and they honour the price. :lease:

Just got my Thompson DHD4000 PVR connected up so that is keeping me amused for now, but I have been saving some DVDs for the new TV......... :rolleyes:

TheBaron said:
Pieman, yes, got a nice letter from JL Bluewater agreeing to match the RGB price.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done Baron!!!! i've just ordered a 32DX200 from JL - got a price match to £994....however will check the RGB price and see if I can get a refund !!!!!

Thanks mate and reading the rest of the thread good luck with your purchase.......

I emailed RGB today asking them for an Instore price - they replied they are out of stock at the moment expecting more in 7-10 days and requesting I contact them at that point..........

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom