Also any help to the following querys

Does each JL store have a different pricematch policy

Do they only match local retailers

Could i phone any other jl store(not local) and order over the phone

Which retailers do they regually pricematch

Do they price check up, at once when you are instore or send you a letter

what is the average wait on delivery

And any other hints and tips are most welcome

I Thought it would be a good idea to have its own (thread as its a bit lost in the lg thread)
:confused:
cheers all

Cramton & Moore RZ-42PX11 £1299.00 inc. VAT

Store & Head Office Address
Crampton & Moore Television Limited
109 High Street
Ecclesfield
Sheffield
S35 9XA

Tel. 0114 2467635
Fax. 0114 2455238

take the details into JL and they will call them ( you can go to any JL store ) and they will price match Crampton & Moore as they are a shop as well as web sales .
i used JL Glasgow if that helps it was about 4 days from sale to delivery for me :thumbsup:

does anyone know if fenwicks stores do price matching

Ok JL price matching.... here goes :lesson:
all JL stores should adhear to the same policy but if your lucky you might be able to find one that will match somewhere that another JL store wont.

take Crampton & Moore for example if you went into JL cheadle they will not under any circumstance match Crampton & Moore as they trade the same as sound and vision. they have an internet site and a store but the prices are not displayed. JL stores will price match with themselves but if say sheffield have matched Crampton & Moore then cheadle wont as sheffield shoudnt have matched in the first place. also empire direct will not be matched by JL yes they do have a store but the stock is still ordered from there internet stock so no price match. also richer sounds is a difficult one as they are usualy out of stock.
if you follow these 3 rules you will get your price match

1,both stores need to have stock of the item
2,it needs to be a retail store
3,they should display shelf edge tickets

the pricematch is usualy done by the undersales team they go out and check then you either get a call or a letter its usualy done within 4days depends how busy they are. if the audio and tv dept are quiet they may call the store for you and check there and then.

good luck. hope this helps

i done it all in-store , and they did call Crampton & Moore and asked if it was a in store price and Crampton & Moore confirmed this :thumbsup: if they still have stock JL will price match it .
its not a local price match thing its a national price match .

As I have posted before,below is a reply from an e.mail to JL.this is the official line.

Thank you for your recent email.

Unfortunately, John Lewis Direct does not currently price match either Internet sites or non-web based retailers. However, our department stores do price match with other stores within a 30 mile radius, not with other Internet based companies.

I find it odd, and I'm sure this has been covered before, but if you're going to price match then it needs to be exactly the same deal.

If I were JL then I would say...Ah, yes but we offer 5 years warranty, if you want the same price then we will match it but the warranty will be 1 year...same as XYZ is offering you.

John Lewis Direct will not price match , but go to John Lewis store and do the same thing and you will get the price match :) i know it worked for me and i got my plasma delivered yesterday :rotfl: John Lewis will price match nationally if the other store ( not web based only ) has stock .
as for the 5 year warranty , John Lewis offer this as a standard service that other company's will charge you £500+ for :eek:
to get the price match go to a John Lewis store with the details of the offer and they will call them, if they have stock John Lewis (store ) will price match (and you get a 5 year warranty on top )

john lewis do not price match nationaly. if their you ask glasgow to price match crompton they wont but they will pricematch jl sheffield if they price match crompton. so in a way they will match it but only if the other jl will match it. if you got them to match it for you, then you are lucky but if you asked me to match crompton then id say no . not all jl,s are aware of all the stores we do or do not match. i know its daft.

Closing. J Lewis and price matching have been done to death, try the search facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom