John Lewis Pricematch FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilmcl

Thanks for the time spent in doing this. Hopefully a mod will make it a sticky as it should have been done a long time ago.

P

plasma_matt

It seems from your list that all the empire direct stores are midlands or north.
I can't find a list of stores from the empiredirect.co.uk website.
Does anyone know if:
1. there is an empire direct in London?
2. a london branch of JL will pricematch with one of the other empire direct stores?
3. or do I need to phone a JL store in an empire direct catchment area up north, then get them to deliver to me in London?!

Many thanks in advance. I don't want to screw up my attempt at a price match at the JL oxford street store!

Oh, I'm after the TH37PX600CAB by the way, if anyone knows another cheap store to pricematch with.

cheers :smashin:

razbox

plasma_matt said:
It seems from your list that all the empire direct stores are midlands or north.
I can't find a list of stores from the empiredirect.co.uk website.
Does anyone know if:
1. there is an empire direct in London?
2. a london branch of JL will pricematch with one of the other empire direct stores?
3. or do I need to phone a JL store in an empire direct catchment area up north, then get them to deliver to me in London?!

Many thanks in advance. I don't want to screw up my attempt at a price match at the JL oxford street store!

Oh, I'm after the TH37PX600CAB by the way, if anyone knows another cheap store to pricematch with.

cheers :smashin:

The answer is (2). Call ED Leeds first and see if they have it in stock. Then call Bluewater and get a PM, and use that PM reference to get a PM at your nearest John Lewis.

ED is typically the cheapest, and has recently nearly always been the cheapest real store that JL will PM with.

suniil

also couple of tips

a. JL Trafford centre will call the competitor immediately, after filing your PM and you can hear result within an hour or so

b. If you are desperate to buy TV, first get the TV and file PM same time. This will give more pressure to JL.

ED stores list (bradford is shown as collection point)
http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/CustomerCare/pickuppoints/

mate, to reduce your stress i advise you to try with JL, bluewater (as razbox said) then file PM at oxford street alongwith bluewater PM letter.

plasma_matt said:
I don't want to screw up my attempt at a price match at the JL oxford street store!

P

plasma_matt

Thanks Razbox and Suniil
Great advice...much clearer now!
Will post back to let you know how I got on and if i pick up any other tips.
(looking forward to the new panny too!)

Matt

gandalf72

Standard Member
Has anyone got a price match for the 37px600 ref code I could use please? dont know if anyone wants to post it on here or pm me may come in handy for others? Save people having to wait ages to get the pm from what ever store to either be refused or have to wait ages to get it?

Thanks in advance. And thanks to OP for this thread!!

Hairy

gandalf72 said:
Has anyone got a price match for the 37px600 ref code I could use please? dont know if anyone wants to post it on here or pm me may come in handy for others? Save people having to wait ages to get the pm from what ever store to either be refused or have to wait ages to get it?

Sorry to jump in but i could use one for a 42px600ped!

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Even if John Lewis were an advertiser (which they are not), I would still not feel comfortable giving so much publicity to one retailer.
Unstuck the thread.

razbox

Stuart Wright said:
Even if John Lewis were an advertiser (which they are not), I would still not feel comfortable giving so much publicity to one retailer.
Unstuck the thread.

Considering that the previous JL post reached over 120 pages and 124,000 views, I would ask you to reconsider.

It is a sticky on the LCD forum where it has had 250,000 views.

neilmcl

This isn't as much publicity but a valuable source of information that constantly gets asked for. Can we at least attach it to the head of the LCD sticky or are you planning on unsticking that one as well, in fact that one does more for JL sales revenue than this one would. :thumbsdow

neilmcl

gandalf72 said:

We should just use this as a FAQ of the pricematch policy only and keep actuall pricematch information to the other pricematch table thread where it belongs.

razbox

neilmcl said:
We should just use this as a FAQ of the pricematch policy only and keep actuall pricematch information to the other pricematch table thread where it belongs.

Given that Stuart won't reinstate the FAQ as a sticky, I think we now need to post our JL experiences against this rater than the pricematch table thread.

neilmcl

razbox said:
Given that Stuart won't reinstate the FAQ as a sticky, I think we now need to post our JL experiences against this rater than the pricematch table thread.

Why not post the FAQ into the table thread, if members do what you're suggesting and post pricematches here, not only will it become totally confusing but it'll end up getting merged by the mods anyway.

neilmcl

razbox said:

Why not post the FAQ into the table thread the, if members do what you're suggesting and post pricematches here, not only will it become totally confusing but it'll end up getting merged by the mods anyway.

Keep pricematches where they are, its worked very well up till now.

LFCRules

Closed in favour of main thread here

However, I will copy the contents of the first post into the start of the main thread to help also.

Cheers

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom