John Lewis price promise: warranty lowered

Incher

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi all

Last week I purchased a Samsung TV from John Lewis. They agreed to price match against a local competitor which saved me some money which was great. It wasn't until I got home that I noticed the receipt stated my warranty was 1 year! It seems they have downgraded the length of warranty from 5 years to 1 year in line with the warranty offered in the price match.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm a bit annoyed because they didn't mention this during the price match process. They checked the price, told me they'd match it and that was that.

Has anyone else had their warranty reduced and been able to get the 5 years back?

Cheers

I've never heard of that happening. Usually they'd simply reject the match if the terms are different. Call John Lewis customer services to ask (and look at the CS information on tne website). Did you buy online or in store?

I've never heard of that happening. Usually they'd simply reject the match if the terms are different. Call John Lewis customer services to ask (and look at the CS information on tne website). Did you buy online or in store?

I bought it in store. I was unpleasantly surprised when I checked the receipt. This is either a mistake or new policy. I have emailed the store to check and I'll post their reply here

Phone customer services, don't faff around with email

John Lewis replied to my email this morning with the following:

"I can confirm that the Samsung TV you purchased from us is covered under a five year guarantee and this is regardless of the fact the our competitor is offering only a year's guarantee"

Great news! Panic over.

I'd print the email and attached it to the receipt just to make sure there won't be a problem in the future.

I'd print the email and attached it to the receipt just to make sure there won't be a problem in the future.

Thanks trollslayer....I will definitely do that. A 5 year guarantee is essential on something like a tv. Peace of mind!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom