1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Lewis Price Matching

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Matthew Attoe, May 29, 2002.

1. Matthew Attoe

Matthew Attoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi there,

I am just about to take the plunge and buy the 36" Philips Pixel Plus TV, and have been following various threads on these forums and seen some people have gotten theirs from John Lewis, via price matching, including the famous JL 5yr warranty.

I was wondering though, as John Lewis stores are all part of one big family. so to speak, don't they have to price match each other? for example some people on this forum have paid under £1600 pounds for their pixel plus set, so can I go in to my Norwich branch of John Lewis and get them to honour the prices charged by other John Lewis stores?

I was also hoping that people who had purchased their 36" Pixel Plus tvs from JL could perhaps reply with how much they paid, what branch of JL they got the set from, and, if they can remember the name of the person they spoke to, as if tI can present this info at my store I may be able to get a better deal.

C'mon... help me save a few hundred quid and give yourselves a nice, warm glowing feeling inside... and it is my birthday today too.

Thanks guys

Matthew

2. neiljones

neiljones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have contacted three John Lewis stores to check availability and price of 36" Philips-none will give any indication of delivery
    stating relying on Philips to make sets available.
    Many people have stated they have price match of £1600 honoured when purchasing sets but when asked to supply details not one has responded. I have found above price quoted on internet but only 1 year guarantee- JL will not honour the comparison
    Can the respondants who have bought from JL for £1600 please be forthcoming and share their good fortune
    Did JL make them wait-possibly not because this set has only just been released.
    NJ

3. abl

abl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I asked in JL yesterday about a 32pw9617 and they had no stock (said delivery was late and imminent but couldn't give a date).

I'm tired of waiting for a cybertube so was going to order one with a panasonic but some online retailers I checked last night don't have any either so it seems philips can't supply them at the moment. Let's hope it's cause they're switching over to their own tubes...

Arthur

4. beavis

beavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe House of Fraser were expecting stock in early June.

I originally was going to get a 32", but that was out of stock so I went for a 36"!

Highly Recommended!

5. Zef

Zef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    back to the price match question.

I belive that JL only match within their area, dont know how many miles that is. It seems that "never knowingly undersold" only means within that particular location.

6. bertha

bertha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    hello there I got The Royal Bank of Scotlands home shopping facility available to their Royalties & Royalties gold customers to price match with PRC in Essex & I'm from Bonnie Scotland and if you pay with an RBOS card you get extended warranty 3 yrs (inc the Manufacturers 1 yr warranty) - they had the 32 P+ in stock - I think this comes via Miller Bros...hope this helps

Berth;)