John Lewis price matching

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by kayemd, Mar 16, 2005.

1. kayemd

kayemd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All,

I am new to this site so forgive me if this has already been covered (i don't think so lately?).

I am about to purchase my first plasma TV, probably the LG RZ42PX11. Anyway, my question does anyone know of any shops that sell this cheaply that I can get John Lewis to price match!!

I want to buy from JL because of their 5 year guarantee and good customer service.

I have been on the phone to John Lewis and their price matching is very strict! They will only match with places with proper shops, with the product on display with a displayed price and in stock.

I have read that various people have got JL to price match with some places but they have recently updated their list of places they wont match - these include RGB direct and about 10 others (sorry left the list at work).

JL sell this set for £1600 but would like to get for about 200 less if possible.

Thanks

Mark

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
  3. mo9999

mo9999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :hiya:

Have a look at this thread some of us have managed to get the LG RZ42PX11 for £1299 (excluding delivery) but including a 5 year warranty, but as you will see not everyone seems to be having the same success with JL price matching.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186516

4. kayemd

kayemd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mo - JL southampton seem pretty clued up and won't price match hardly anywhere!

5. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    they probably read the threads here :)