1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Lewis price matching - Panasonic TH37-PE30

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by willyworm, Nov 25, 2004.

1. willyworm

willyworm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just taken delivery of the Panasonic 37 inch TH37-PE30B from John Lewis, for the in store price of £2,497. When i tried to price match, they said that thet would onl do this with the full package, which included the "free" DVD recorder and "free" stand. The best I've managed to find is £2,363 from H Preston, can anybody better this? I rememember seeing a few threads back that JL in Welwyn were doing the same deal, when i phoned they weren't and I've even been there and they are selling it at £2,498.

any suggestions out there?

2. markm

markm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've phoned JL Solihull today and they have given me a pakcage price fo GBP£2,797.00.

3. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just posted this in the jl thread in general chat...

Just to let you all know, i have a copy of an advert run in the Huddersfield weekly news, Empire Stores (retail shop) have the 37" at 2249.00 and the 42" at 2699.00.

I know its not the cheapest but if JL are tightening up then it may be useful. If some needs a copy of the advert, please pm me. The advert clearly states that they are a retail store and the model number for the product etc

4. FullFat

FullFat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    :thumbsup: I take delivery of mine from JL Cheadle on Saturday, price of £2199 free stand and DVD recorder as well.

I price matched against richer sounds (in Hanley) they have actually got jus the telly for £2099 but with no stand or dvd recorder. I actually had to badger JL to match this but when they (JL Undersales) went to the store today the bloke told them it was £2199 (Richer Sounds don't even know their own prices!).

They then had to check with corporate about matching it with the stand as it was costing them so much, he said they had shifted about 1500 of these on this deal and Panasonic won't give them the money for the stand and dvd recorder if they match against someone not doing the deal.

I just argued that if I went into JL and just bought the telly I could have it for the lower price and the free stand and DVD recorder is from Panasonic not JL, after a few calls they agreed, but only at £2199!

5. hao

hao

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got a price match from JL Peterborough this week of £2495, for full package, after they phoned JL Watford, am going back this weekend armed with the above info. to see what they will do.Would appriciate the ad. from empire stores if not to much bother.

6. FullFat

FullFat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Richer Sounds is a retail store and on their website it shows the £2099 price with a banner that states this is an instore price only. Use their check stock link to see if there is one near you with one in stock.