John Lewis price matching a Pioneer 504???

dealmaker

Standard Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Has anyone got any experience (preferrably recently) of John Lewis price matching on a Pioneer PDP504 - 50"?

Looking to buy one and must admit I'd prefer the comfort of the John Lewis 5 year warranty.

Thanks

I was in contact with John Lewis a couple of months ago, trying to get a price match on a 504HDE.
After they had checked out the price match store details I had given them, I was told that the store that I wanted them to price match against wasn't open all day, so they wouldn't price match against them. Originally they told me it had to be a store which you could go into and look at the goods, as opposed to an internet only site without a store. You could go in to the store and look at the 504HDE.
I later contacted them with the details of another store which had long opening hours! The price wasn't quite as good as the first. I was then told that they wouldn't deliver 60 miles, even if I paid extra. They knew where I lived in the first instance, but didn't mention distance would be a problem.
I got the impression that they may price match, but up to a point. IMHO they weren't willing to price match to the tune of £700-£1000.
As for there 5 year guarantee, I'm sure some people may have found this useful, but, if you haven't already, have a look at the thread "Plasma Gas Charging Fault". http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120995
There are members here who probably wouldn't recommend JL's 5 year guarantee at the moment.

it is worth reading up on what the guarantee covers as 5 years for free may seem good but are you sure exactly wht is covered.
If you look into what you get included when you pay a small percentage of the price of your screen for a actual warranty it starts to seem like almost as good an option.
I wouldn't like to comment on john lewis' service as I have no experience of it but I do know you need to check the quality of service and what is written in the guarantee's small print!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom