John Lewis price matching a Pioneer 504???

dealmaker

Standard Member
Guys,

Has anyone got any experience (preferrably recently) of John Lewis price matching on a Pioneer PDP504 - 50"?

Looking to buy one and must admit I'd prefer the comfort of the John Lewis 5 year warranty.

Thanks

Steve Zodiac

I was in contact with John Lewis a couple of months ago, trying to get a price match on a 504HDE.
After they had checked out the price match store details I had given them, I was told that the store that I wanted them to price match against wasn't open all day, so they wouldn't price match against them. Originally they told me it had to be a store which you could go into and look at the goods, as opposed to an internet only site without a store. You could go in to the store and look at the 504HDE.
I later contacted them with the details of another store which had long opening hours! The price wasn't quite as good as the first. I was then told that they wouldn't deliver 60 miles, even if I paid extra. They knew where I lived in the first instance, but didn't mention distance would be a problem.
I got the impression that they may price match, but up to a point. IMHO they weren't willing to price match to the tune of £700-£1000.
As for there 5 year guarantee, I'm sure some people may have found this useful, but, if you haven't already, have a look at the thread "Plasma Gas Charging Fault". http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120995
There are members here who probably wouldn't recommend JL's 5 year guarantee at the moment.

B

bobbypunk

it is worth reading up on what the guarantee covers as 5 years for free may seem good but are you sure exactly wht is covered.
If you look into what you get included when you pay a small percentage of the price of your screen for a actual warranty it starts to seem like almost as good an option.
I wouldn't like to comment on john lewis' service as I have no experience of it but I do know you need to check the quality of service and what is written in the guarantee's small print!

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom