John Lewis - price match !?

AdieJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been very impressed with the panasonic TX26LXD52 and I have found this to be so much cheaper (around £200 cheaper) than John Lewis (i want the 5 year warranty!) , and I have phoned John Lewis and emailed them for the last 2 weeks on a price match and each time they said they will get back to me, but no one has ever contacted me.

The store im using to price match against now is RGB Hifi and Video as they are doing it for £784 at both of there essex stores.

Has anyone priced matched this model with John Lewis - if so, how much and how is the best way of going about it?

Regards

Adrian Hughes

From reading previous threads about JL it would seem that they can be a bit awkward regarding price matching. I'm thinking of doing this on the sharp 37p50e which I know I can get for £200 less than they are selling it for. I'm thinking of buy it at full price and then pointing out the price match before it is delivered or after it is delivered. If they wont have it than I can always return it under 28 day return policy. I feel their more likely to agree to the pricematch once they have your money.

i price matched with wycombe store...they came back to me within 24 hours...for the sammy 26....price matched with crapton and moore upon someones advice on here

tried this with the JVC37DS6. As its not a standard stock item, they can order it in but then it isn't covered by the price match.

I'm a bit stuffed really, as C&M do the JVC, but JL don't (and so won't price match). JL *do* do the Toshiba 37WLT58, but C&M don't. Any other online shops with stores that JL have been confirmed to price match against?

BTW, with Crampton and Moore prices, do JL pricematch the basic price, or the price+cost of 5 year warranty? (granted C&M 5yr is relatively cheap)

richard plumb said:
tried this with the JVC37DS6. As its not a standard stock item, they can order it in but then it isn't covered by the price match.

I'm a bit stuffed really, as C&M do the JVC, but JL don't (and so won't price match). JL *do* do the Toshiba 37WLT58, but C&M don't. Any other online shops with stores that JL have been confirmed to price match against?

BTW, with Crampton and Moore prices, do JL pricematch the basic price, or the price+cost of 5 year warranty? (granted C&M 5yr is relatively cheap)

Do JL price match with online stores? as their terms and conditions suggest they do not.

No, JL only price match against shops. But C&M have a shop in Sheffield, as do JL - very handy (although it probably annoys both retailers - JL losing money and C&M losing business)

richard plumb said:
No, JL only price match against shops. But C&M have a shop in Sheffield, as do JL - very handy (although it probably annoys both retailers - JL losing money and C&M losing business)

Does anyone know if C&M's shop prices are the same as their online prices?

hey told me on the phone they will match their internet prices instore

JL did a price match against C&M for me for a Sharp LC37P50E a few weeks ago no problems. They will match against the advertised price plus the £35 that C&M charge for delivery. 2 Weeks after I received my TV I even got JL to credit my card a further £100 to reflect a price drop at C&M.

Are you saying that you want JL to price match and give you a 5 year warranty?!

John Lewis gives you the 5 year warranty regardless of price match or not.

I priced matched my Sharp 32GA3 with Crampton and Moore and that was in Kingston, London. Knocked a wopping 500 quid off !

The price match works like this. First, find a shop that is selling the item cheaper than JL. Call JL with the details and they will get back to you within 5 working days. The item needs to be:

1. In a shop that is on the high street (ie not internet)
2. Item is in stock
3. Have a fixed price tag

Some JL stores try the "Got to be within 20 miles" but that's complete crap. They pricematch anywhere in the country.

Richie.

Talk about hard work ............

I have tried to get the Reading branch of John Lewis to pricematch the Panasonic TX32LXD500 against both Hi Fi Confidential and Crampton and Moore.

Despite both of these shops having stock, John Lewis have said they are unwilling to pricematch because the shops do not have the T.V. on display and priced.

Who has managed a pricematch with John Lewis (which branch of John Lewis and against which other dealer ?).

Makes you feel as though you just wanna buy it straight off the 'net .......

Cheers.

UKBoy.

Well im sooooo happy ! . i phoned J.lewis yesterday saying that I would like a fast responce to the LCD im looking at, and they - ok !.

Today I had a phone call and they have priced matched not only the store i gave them, but they actually said " someone yesterday price matched it to a store with another £80 off, so we can do the deal on that"

They have done me the new Panasonic TX26LXD52 for £698 !!!!....with 5 years warranty. Most high street stores doing it for £999. im a very happy bunny !.

I was waiting for the samsung, but seeing the panasonic and samsung side by side, the panny seemed to have a more detailed screen and the sound was much better in depth on the panasonic.

Its in stock ! and im collecting it tommmmmooorrrrooowww !!

Ade

Adrian Hughes said:
Well im sooooo happy ! . i phoned J.lewis yesterday saying that I would like a fast responce to the LCD im looking at, and they - ok !.

Today I had a phone call and they have priced matched not only the store i gave them, but they actually said " someone yesterday price matched it to a store with another £80 off, so we can do the deal on that"

They have done me the new Panasonic TX26LXD52 for £698 !!!!....with 5 years warranty. Most high street stores doing it for £999. im a very happy bunny !.

I was waiting for the samsung, but seeing the panasonic and samsung side by side, the panny seemed to have a more detailed screen and the sound was much better in depth on the panasonic.

Which JL did you buy through as it seems each store has different policies on price matching

Its in stock ! and im collecting it tommmmmooorrrrooowww !!

Ade

Which store did you buy from as it seems each JL store has different polices on which stores they price match against.

what store, i am awaiting a reply from JL in bluewater on a price match for a 26" 52 for the bedroom and a 32" 500 for the main room, i am trying to match RGB at 799 and 1499 and they said they would answer in 5 days. 52 is in stock and they 500 is due in any day

ebiumn said:
what store, i am awaiting a reply from JL in bluewater on a price match for a 26" 52 for the bedroom and a 32" 500 for the main room, i am trying to match RGB at 799 and 1499 and they said they would answer in 5 days. 52 is in stock and they 500 is due in any day

That is interesting. I tried to get JL to price match a 500 from PRC. They have a shop, they have it in stock and its £1449 in store. I got a call back today saying they don't price match that shop :(

RGB was also on the list. When I rang the store, they only gave me a list of 3. Empire Direct, Sound & Vision. Now they are quoting at least 15 they will not price match!

Has anyone got any experience of going into the store and getting them to do a deal there and then? Or can suggest any shops you know they have price matched on this model?

Thanks...Dave

Adrian - that is a great deal - which shop did you use to price match ?

And which branch of John Lewis ?

DaveAnderson said:
That is interesting. I tried to get JL to price match a 500 from PRC. They have a shop, they have it in stock and its £1449 in store. I got a call back today saying they don't price match that shop :(

RGB was also on the list. When I rang the store, they only gave me a list of 3. Empire Direct, Sound & Vision. Now they are quoting at least 15 they will not price match!

Has anyone got any experience of going into the store and getting them to do a deal there and then? Or can suggest any shops you know they have price matched on this model?

Thanks...Dave

Based on previous threads, your best bet would be to contact JL's head office as they have advised that there is no black list of stores they price match against.

anyone tried to get jl to pricematch the 37wlt58 if so please let me know i have now asked jl for pricematch with rgb awaiting reply :hiya:

Adrian

which branch of John Lewis and who did they match against?

I picked up my TX26LXD52 from John Lewis in High Wycombe last night and am very impresssed with it.

Could not fault John Lewis for their service and they also price matched for me reducing the set from £995 to £900. I could find it cheaper on the net but the 5 year guarantee sways the balance.

Well done John Lewis they seem have been getting some stick on here.

I got them to do a price match on a Toshiba 37WLT58 with Hi-Spek. I asked for Hi-Speks store price (£300 under JL's ticket price) & they came back in 3 days with Hi-Speks internet price (£370 under ticket). Well done JL :smashin:

(I'd checked previously that Hi-Spek had current stock of the unit)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom