1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Lewis - price match

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by stallanzii, Feb 9, 2005.

1. stallanzii

stallanzii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just thought I would let you know that I successfully managed to get my Panasonic TH42 for £2499 with pedestal stand (I could have had the floor stand but already have alphason stand) along with 5yr parts & labour guarantee plus free delivery in four days time- we live around 70 miles from store... maybe the price is not as good as some internet sites - but if you're a bit cautious and fancy a bit of guarantee security - I have to say JL came up woth the goods for us... so the retail in store price match thing does work.
    Any probs with the TV I can get it repaired locally and bikll JL, so no extra expense - as for accidental damage, this seems to be the only thing not covered by the guarantee - however, as this seems a fortune in other guarantee sevices I will check out getting an extra home policy cover - currently TV is not covered if the cat falls on it.

I got the Denon DHT500SD from JL on Sunday as well and I got a 5 yr guarantee for an extra £50. Not bad..

No one has particularly asked for the above info, but i just thought it may be useful to someone... if anyone thinks this is a very bad deal, please let me stay in my feeling of happiness and contentment :) and do not say 'Loser, you should have gone to spec savers etc'... :(

Adios
    Stal

2. richard.hewett

richard.hewett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I plan on getting a Pio 435FDE from JL soon...

Their price match & 5yrs free waranty are just too good to pass up :thumbsup:

3. nicp01

nicp01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Do you think they'll ever do the XDE? worth asking maybe?

Peter

4. keysersossez

keysersossez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I myself purchased a Panasonic 42PE30 from John Lewis, and arrived safely yesterday.

Im over the MOON , with it.

Lucky for me that my wife works for john lewis, and of course she gets discount from the Audio / Video Department. So what i paid for the TV is below the Trade Price ! !

5. richard.hewett

richard.hewett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0