1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Lewis & Panasonic

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Andy Ush, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Andy Ush

Andy Ush

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered a Panasonic 32PL10 on Apr 13 From JL for a price matched £940, being told that the tv would be delivered within 2 to 3 weeks. I am subsequently still waiting for the TV and am thoroughly hacked off as the World Cup has already started. Each time I speak to JL they keep telling me that there is a problem with distribution from Panasonic and it is completely out of their hands. Has anyone else been having these problems? Furthermore it peeves me off even more that JL will only pricematch with other stores that have the items in stock and they make you wait for 2 months. The only bonus is that I have pricematched again and am getting the TV for £869 now even though it is in the shop for £1150

2. Dom H

Dom H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi andy, I'm just about to go to JL to do a price match on the PL1, where did you get them to price match?

What did you show them, any printouts etc.?
    Does it matter if the warranty period differs on the matched item?

Chhers

Dom.

3. Andy Ush

Andy Ush

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dom,
    I looked in the What video & tv magazine for companies that actually have a shopand phoned them. As previously stated the pre-requesite with JL is that the company has to have a shop, the item has to be in stock and include delivery. It also has to be like 4 like i.e. if JL sell it with the stand, the other company has to have the stand. The best thing to do is buy the magazine and go through the adverts for the companies however I will give you a few companies that do have shops. I have not included the prices as you really need to ring them yourself. Furthermore it does not matter what warranty the other companies offer as JL is always 5 yrs.
    www.kkelectronics.co.uk 020 7723 1436
    www.electrocentre.com 0870 7547070
    Edgeware HiFi Centre 020 7723 2882
    www.premiereavcentre.co.uk 0121 5329997
    www.prcdirect.co.uk 020 8470 3499
    www.rgbdirect.co.uk 020 8514 1666
    Happy Hunting.

4. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I'm not sure about individual people but as a company I know House of Fraser are having the same problem with availability. Panasonic aren't being specific with "why" there is the delay, simply that they have no stock and it will be available "shortly". Our store has several outstanding orders for this model and all we can get is "we have your order and it will be allocated as soon as it is available...". Hmmm, yeah thanks but it doesn't help people like us explain the delay to customers. I can understand how frustrating it is for you but I'm sure it's just as bad for JL trying to chase it up.

Some of you will probably know that there was a similar problem with the TX28PL10 a few months back (only now is it starting to disappear :( ). Panasonic had a problem with cabinet production but didn't make this clear until about 2 months ago (approx 3 months after the problems with availability began!!!). They've since changed the cabinet to a cheap, nasty looking 1 shelf thing. Lets hope the 32PL10 problem isn't anything similar :(

Sorry I can't be any more helpful but I guess this at least explains that JL are not the only people with problems.

Kelvin.

5. Dom H

Dom H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Andy, I sent them the following quotes, hopefully they will match the cheapest.

Toshiba 32ZD26P

Techtronics - £899
    Tel. 0870 0100 590

Robertsons Online - £1,020
    Tel. 0800 052 1425

Panasonic TX-32PL1C

Techtronics - £606
    Tel. 0870 0100 590

Sound & Vision - £710
    Tel. 01204 861861

Robertsons Online - £805
    Tel. 0800 052 1425