1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Lewis Panasonic PV500 Problems

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ianshep57, Jul 26, 2005.

1. ianshep57

ianshep57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,first post on this forum having lurked for the past couple of months.
    Finally took delivery of a 42" panasonic pv500 plasma last saturday from jl cheadle. I paid 2149 panel only with 5 yr warrenty.
    Intended to mount it onto an alphason ag94/2 s glass stand,but one of the mounting holes on the back of the tv was covered with a couple of wires (inside the tv) so i was unable to put the bolt through.we watched the tv over the weekend with the plasma stood in the box until the "engineer" called today (tuesday) to remedy the situation.
    instead of taking the back off the tv and moving the wires he proceeded to poke a small screwdriver into the mounting hole whilst the tv was still plugged into the mains,and proceeded to "blow" the plasma up.
    the "engineer" took the tv back and now we have to wait approx 3 weeks until the new delivery takes place.
    having waited so long for my first plasma i only had it for 2 days,at the moment we are both watching a "14" portable

sorry for the long first post
    ian

2. Gussie

Gussie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    No wonder JL are suposidly reconsidering their 5 Year Warranty scheme if that's the quality of the service agents they use!

Makes one wonder if there is any real expertise left in the servicing game, and I guess one has to shudder mightily if anything gets taken away to be repaired these days.

Gussie :)

3. ianshep57

ianshep57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    further update from john lewis today,they now say expected delivery will be on the 28 aug.
    But in their defense today they have loaned us a 28 inch widescreen tv (panasonic)
    ian