Quantcast

John Lewis - OLED TV Image Retention Warranty Refusal

aoaaron

Take them to court.
Forget the engineer.

I wish you could actually take which ever dumbass advisor you speak to to court.

As I’ve stated previously, John Lewis is a joke of a company and so many people on this forum bum then: way worse than curry’s et al

sagaris99

Take them to court.
Forget the engineer.

I wish you could actually take which ever dumbass advisor you speak to to court.

As I’ve stated previously, John Lewis is a joke of a company and so many people on this forum bum then: way worse than curry’s et al
Subjective opinions. They have a good reputation for a reason.
having worked extensively with and for both companies, John Lewis' screw ups are caused by ignorance and poor/outdated business process - basically, mistakes which they actively try to fix.

Curry's screw ups are caused by genuinely shocking customer service, and happen again and again through sheer incompetence and stupidity, partnered with a total lack of care, responsibility or respect for the customer and their money. The blantant lies and refusal to admit responsibility often left me with my jaw on the floor, something which I never once experienced with JL.

Every retailer hs failings. Your experience is not the norm. i don't think i've ever heard of or seen great service from Curry's.

aoaaron

having worked extensively with and for both companies, John Lewis' screw ups are caused by ignorance and poor/outdated business process - basically, mistakes which they actively try to fix.

Curry's screw ups are caused by genuinely shocking customer service, and happen again and again through sheer incompetence and stupidity, partnered with a total lack of care, responsibility or respect for the customer and their money. The blantant lies and refusal to admit responsibility often left me with my jaw on the floor, something which I never once experienced with JL.

Every retailer hs failings. Your experience is not the norm. i don't think i've ever heard of or seen great service from Curry's.

So in regards to this oled situation, it’s not the norm?

What active fix are they applying to op’s situation?

Just read across the forum. The amount of oled panel replacements is much higher on curry’s than John Lewis.

sagaris99

So in regards to this oled situation, it’s not the norm?
No, not the norm. What are they doing in general ? The advisor helping in this case is a Capita employee - fundamentally uninformed of the specifics of the fault, standing by company policy. JL are ceasing their contract with Capita, bringing CS advisors back in house. A number of the hirings have been given to former sales staff, who understand what happens in reallife, not just in the textbook.

OP's situation? What are they trying to fix when it as resolved? Nothing fundamentally, as they are only going by their policy guidelines. However, as is being witnessed on the forums, the rate of JL taking action is much higher than they are rejecting. As we have agreed in another thread, the incidence of differetn answers to different customers is still to high. Only one retailer has been taken to court on these forums, and it wasn't John Lewis - because ultimately, everyone knows that the way to get JL to bend the knee is to go up the management tree until you get the answer you want - not somehting that tends to happen at Curry's.

yes - you're right, Currys are relacing more than John lewis. because Curry's tended to outsell JL 4 LG OLEDs to 1 when I was privy to sales figures between 2016 and 2019. Would stand to reason they have 4 times as many issues to deal with, no?

Last edited:

aoaaron

You shud be those red hearts have already burnt in someone'stv.oled is not the future sadly
No, not the norm. What are they doing in general ? The advisor helping in this case is a Capita employee - fundamentally uninformed of the specifics of the fault, standing by company policy. JL are ceasing their contract with Capita, bringing CS advisors back in house. A number of the hirings have been given to former sales staff, who understand what happens in reallife, not just in the textbook.

OP's situation? What are they trying to fix when it as resolved? Nothing fundamentally, as they are only going by their policy guidelines. However, as is being witnessed on the forums, the rate of JL taking action is much higher than they are rejecting. As we have agreed in another thread, the incidence of differetn answers to different customers is still to high. Only one retailer has been taken to court on these forums, and it wasn't John Lewis - because ultimately, everyone knows that the way to get JL to bend the knee is to go up the management tree until you get the answer you want - not somehting that tends to happen at Curry's.

yes - you're right, Currys are relacing more than John lewis. because Curry's tended to outsell JL 4 LG OLEDs to 1 when I was privy to sales figures between 2016 and 2019. Would stand to reason they have 4 times as many issues to deal with, no?

As long as they have poor customer support, capita employee or not, its disgraceful.

I don't care for their excuses. I care for quality cusomer support. They have not even bothered to send out an engineer for assessment. Its beyond pathetic. If you want to defend them for whatever brand/company loyalty you have, go for it.

I would state that Currys just got unlucky in that they ran into a well informed customer who was willing to go all the way whilst JL and other retailers have ridden their luck and got away with it.

Whats your vested interest in defending John Lewis and their business practices despite them displaying atrocious customer support in this users case?

sagaris99

As long as they have poor customer support, capita employee or not, its disgraceful.

I don't care for their excuses. I care for quality cusomer support. They have not even bothered to send out an engineer for assessment. Its beyond pathetic. If you want to defend them for whatever brand/company loyalty you have, go for it.

I would state that Currys just got unlucky in that they ran into a well informed customer who was willing to go all the way whilst JL and other retailers have ridden their luck and got away with it.

Whats your vested interest in defending John Lewis and their business practices despite them displaying atrocious customer support in this users case?
I have no vested interest whatsoever, nor am I seeking to 'bum' them as you so eloquently put

I took issue with you stating they were worse than Curry's, which was wholly incorrect.

But hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion I suppose, no matter how wrong it is.

aoaaron

I have no vested interest whatsoever, nor am I seeking to 'bum' them as you so eloquently put

I took issue with you stating they were worse than Curry's, which was wholly incorrect.

But hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion I suppose, no matter how wrong it is.

You said in your first post you’ve never heard of good service from Curry’s.

I’d advise you to brush up on your comprehension and read the countless threads where Curry’s have replaced panels for screen burn in. Yes, they have their bad cases too and I’m not defending them. I think they’re crap too but JL seem to have a totally different level of incompetence when they cant even do the basics right.

JL seem to be consistently more obstructive and as evidenced by this case, not even having the courtesy to send our an engineer to validate the fault is beyond pathetic.

But yeah, why don’t you discuss how great JL are with the user who’s in discussion with them at the moment re: their OLED burn in? Maybe you’ll be able to give him some good advice on how to proceed forwards with the amazing company which is John Lewis. Maybe he should wait a year for them to revamp their customer service department and re contact?

devlino

In regards to Currys poor service, I must disagree, my TV (LED) went off last month, 11 days after the 5 year warranty, rang up, collected it, no quibbles, put a new screen in within a week, I was hoping they'd write it off but it came back perfect, it now resides in the spare bedroom, bought GZ950 for the Lounge.

tickedon

John Lewis are still not interested in honouring my Consumer Rights Act rights. I asked them why, what they said is in the quote following (copied from a live chat I had with them)
The JL colleagues on Live Chat won't be senior enough to deal with the issue properly. I would suggest sending an old fashioned letter setting out concerns clearly. Much more likely to get the attention of someone/a team that are properly equipped to deal with your points - rather than just replying with the their canned standard response as those on live chat (and possibly email) are!

GadgetObsessed

Unfortunately for JL their reputation does seem to be being hit both online and in the press. There must be a reason why they are so poorly rated on Trust Pilot:

ShezaUK

John Lewis are still not interested in honouring my Consumer Rights Act rights. I asked them why, what they said is in the quote following (copied from a live chat I had with them)
Uhm....

I mean, it’s poor customer service but it’s entirely correct what they’re saying. After 6 months, the onus of proof is on you. A court wouldn’t accept your couple of sentences insisting that your consumer rights have been breached, as evidence. You can’t just say ‘it’s not fit for purpose; so there’. I mean, you could try, but in this case it’s been clearly shown that JL have rejected your account.

The Consumer Rights Act is great but it only goes so far. You need independent evidence to support your claim.

For what it is worth, Curry's replaced the screen on my C7 as I quoted it had sub pixel deterioration.
The C6 I had before that (now with my mother) has terrible burn in. My B8 in the bedroom has a rectangular panel running down it and is being collected for repair on Wednesday.

Picture quality is great, but to deny that they aren't prone to issues is perhaps being a bit bias?

I have the Q90r which is pretty terrible too. TVs at the moment just don't seem reliable.

Justwesty

Standard Member
For what it is worth, Curry's replaced the screen on my C7 as I quoted it had sub pixel deterioration.
The C6 I had before that (now with my mother) has terrible burn in. My B8 in the bedroom has a rectangular panel running down it and is being collected for repair on Wednesday.

Picture quality is great, but to deny that they aren't prone to issues is perhaps being a bit bias?

I have the Q90r which is pretty terrible too. TVs at the moment just don't seem reliable.
Forgot to quote you in re your b8.