John Lewis not much help – anyone dealt with Philips directly regarding a TV repair?

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by JohnyM, Feb 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. JohnyM

JohnyM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I have a little on going issue with a Philips 32PFL3207H we bought from John Lewis online last May. John Lewis says I have to go directly to Philips for a repair and they can’t deal with it.

I got in touch with Philips and they told me on two occasions they don’t repair TV’s on site and require me to send the TV to them at my own cost and the TV will be gone for up to 6 weeks.

I initially got in touch around September last year when the fault first showed up but left it due to the hassle of sending it away, finding packaging etc. Now the fault has got the point where the TV is not usable with both speakers blown.

Anyone else had to send a TV back to Philips for repair? Glad its only 32” and not a 55” lol

2. vinny41

vinny41

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +311
    phone John Lewis customer services again ask to speak to a customer services manager John Lewis should know their responsibilities regarding sale of goods act is down to John Lewis to arrange repair or replacement

3. Barrovian

Barrovian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    I had a very similar issue with JL and a Philips TV. Apparently, Philips now insist that all warranty repairs are carried out by them. That means JL can no longer pass it to a local repair agents. JL take your details ans then Philips contact you. Unfortunately, this means waiting in all day between 7am and 6pm. Collection by courier who actually turned up at 7.30pm. Set was away for 4 weeks, returned with the fault unfixed and the bezel dented. Oh, and you don't get a loan tv either. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. May I suggest that before your tv goes away, take plenty of photos of its condition, just in case the worst happens. The whole scenario reflected very badly on JL who eventually replaced the TV. The replacement Philips failed three times with the same fault in ten months and the whole process started again. Used to love Philips but no longer. Good luck :(

4. JohnyM

JohnyM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    That’s pretty much what I was told,

It’s a bedroom TV I bought for my grandparents, its hardly used and I was very surprised it failed the way it did after only a few months. It’s pretty poor for a company to expect a customer to package and send something as fragile as a TV. Also not too impressed with JL’s take it or leave it attitude, they never arranged anything and just told me to deal with Philips directly. Did Philips provide you with packaging Nostromo? as we don’t have the original box.

I have the feeling if it goes in for a repair it’ll come back either not fixed or no fault found as the speaker issue only manifests itself when the volume is above 15 and after 10mins or so. After that it deteriorates quickly into a garbled mess, if they only briefly check it they’ll miss the fault.