John Lewis no longer covering oled

gibbletts

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
so I just bought an oled from john lewis delivered yesterday and rang D&G to take out the accidental damage policy, only to be told they are no longer covering TVs, rang John Lewis who basically dont know much about seems D&G neglected to inform them, now for me I bought the tv to go in the bedroom so the usage isnt really likely to cause burn in, I have an xg9505 downstairs as the other half watches hours of sky news so no oled would stand a chance. I really would have liked the peace of mind but it seems someone over at D&G did the sums and realised their were overexposed.

So you paid for it at JL and now D&G won't register/honour it ?

Out of curiosity, because I just got my replacement 77CX in, but I called them on the number on their site: Protect Plus

They seemed to suggest they were still doing it.

So you paid for it at JL and now D&G won't register/honour it ?
I hadnt paid for it just rang to take it out but I dont know what theyll do for people who ordered it with their order.

Out of curiosity, because I just got my replacement 77CX in, but I called them on the number on their site: Protect Plus

They seemed to suggest they were still doing it.
Thats the number I rang they said they stopped doing them 6 days ago, the guy from John Lewis went and spoke to his manager and they said they had a few people rang up whod been told the same and they had raised an issue with the web team whatever that means but basically they knew nothing about them stopping the policies.

Hmm ordered my tv in store on Wednesday and the guy offered the protection to me but I didn’t take it. Thinking will add at a later date.

Hmm ordered my tv in store on Wednesday and the guy offered the protection to me but I didn’t take it. Thinking will add at a later date.
It could be that they come up with something else, or somebody at D&G got theirs wires crossed, I’ll update here if I here anything from John Lewis.

It could be that they come up with something else, or somebody at D&G got theirs wires crossed, I’ll update here if I here anything from John Lewis.
Confused so did you call D&G to add it on or John Lewis?
The guy in JL said to call them on the number on my receipt and then can add it on

Confused so did you call D&G to add it on or John Lewis?
The guy in JL said to call them on the number on my receipt and then can add it on
Yep called D&G first they told me they’re not doing them then called JL to check if it was right.

Yep called D&G first they told me they’re not doing them then called JL to check if it was right.

I think you’ve confused it all by calling D&G which sounds like you can buy cover direct from them but doesn’t cover TVs.
If I were you I would of just called JL and asked to add protection plus and not mentioned what D&G said as I’m sure the call centre staff wouldn’t have a clue about anything like that.

Looking on the JL site there’s a whole page for it as it Doesn’t just cover TVs.

I think you’ve confused it all by calling D&G which sounds like you can buy cover direct from them but doesn’t cover TVs.
If I were you I would of just called JL and asked to add protection plus and not mentioned what D&G said as I’m sure the call centre staff wouldn’t have a clue about anything like that.

Looking on the JL site there’s a whole page for it as it Doesn’t just cover TVs.

No, the number on there is D&G not john lewis.

No, the number on there is D&G not john lewis.

yeah you’re right! Hmm maybe just call again and try adding it again but don’t mention previous conversations and see what happens.

So, spoke to someone different and have it set up, apparently an email went out today saying that JL cover can still be bought, but after this I wouldn’t be waiting too long in case they pull the plug. The guy I spoke to is feeding back to the manager of the guy I spoke to earlier, panic over time to whack the oled light up to 100😀

Yeah. Lets close this thread lol..
Panic over.

Sometimes better when you get a stupid answer from a company, to just phone again. ;)

Yeah. Lets close this thread lol..
Panic over.

Sometimes better when you get a stupid answer from a company, to just phone again. ;)
If it hadn't been for the fact that JL had said they had some others saying the same and were looking into it I would have.

So, spoke to someone different and have it set up, apparently an email went out today saying that JL cover can still be bought, but after this I wouldn’t be waiting too long in case they pull the plug. The guy I spoke to is feeding back to the manager of the guy I spoke to earlier, panic over time to whack the oled light up to 100😀
Great glad you got it sorted. Read that you can change your mind within 45 days so think I will grab it tomorrow

Great glad you got it sorted. Read that you can change your mind within 45 days so think I will grab it tomorrow
Yeah that's right I think even after that you can cancel but you only receive pro rata refund, tbh for 5 year cover it's a bargain.

Has anyone made any claims against JL 5 year Protect Plus?

I've got a bunch of scratches in the middle of my Sony OLED A8 the little one made probably using a fork or a toy. You can only see them if you go up to the TV and look at a black screen, but yes she's managed to engrave the glass! In normal viewing they're difficult to see.

Was wondering whether that'd be enough to get a replacement? I suspect not, they'd probably offer an off-site repair to replace the glass. But cheekily I'd be interested in a newer 65"...

Has anyone made any claims against JL 5 year Protect Plus?

I've got a bunch of scratches in the middle of my Sony OLED A8 the little one made probably using a fork or a toy. You can only see them if you go up to the TV and look at a black screen, but yes she's managed to engrave the glass! In normal viewing they're difficult to see.

Was wondering whether that'd be enough to get a replacement? I suspect not, they'd probably offer an off-site repair to replace the glass. But cheekily I'd be interested in a newer 65"...
I'd assume they will apply a sliding scale depending on how old the TV is, so if it was 4yrs old they may consider what the TV is worth now and compare that to the cost of repair. If the repair is dearer then they may just pay you what the TV is worth. This is only my assumption though?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom