John Lewis no longer covering oled

gibbletts

so I just bought an oled from john lewis delivered yesterday and rang D&G to take out the accidental damage policy, only to be told they are no longer covering TVs, rang John Lewis who basically dont know much about seems D&G neglected to inform them, now for me I bought the tv to go in the bedroom so the usage isnt really likely to cause burn in, I have an xg9505 downstairs as the other half watches hours of sky news so no oled would stand a chance. I really would have liked the peace of mind but it seems someone over at D&G did the sums and realised their were overexposed.

Spy

So you paid for it at JL and now D&G won't register/honour it ?

n1ghtwish

Out of curiosity, because I just got my replacement 77CX in, but I called them on the number on their site: Protect Plus

They seemed to suggest they were still doing it.

gibbletts

Out of curiosity, because I just got my replacement 77CX in, but I called them on the number on their site: Protect Plus

They seemed to suggest they were still doing it.
Thats the number I rang they said they stopped doing them 6 days ago, the guy from John Lewis went and spoke to his manager and they said they had a few people rang up whod been told the same and they had raised an issue with the web team whatever that means but basically they knew nothing about them stopping the policies.

daymouse

Distinguished Member
Hmm ordered my tv in store on Wednesday and the guy offered the protection to me but I didn’t take it. Thinking will add at a later date.

gibbletts

Hmm ordered my tv in store on Wednesday and the guy offered the protection to me but I didn’t take it. Thinking will add at a later date.
It could be that they come up with something else, or somebody at D&G got theirs wires crossed, I’ll update here if I here anything from John Lewis.

daymouse

Distinguished Member
It could be that they come up with something else, or somebody at D&G got theirs wires crossed, I’ll update here if I here anything from John Lewis.
Confused so did you call D&G to add it on or John Lewis?
The guy in JL said to call them on the number on my receipt and then can add it on

gibbletts

Confused so did you call D&G to add it on or John Lewis?
The guy in JL said to call them on the number on my receipt and then can add it on
Yep called D&G first they told me they’re not doing them then called JL to check if it was right.

daymouse

Distinguished Member
Yep called D&G first they told me they’re not doing them then called JL to check if it was right.

I think you’ve confused it all by calling D&G which sounds like you can buy cover direct from them but doesn’t cover TVs.
If I were you I would of just called JL and asked to add protection plus and not mentioned what D&G said as I’m sure the call centre staff wouldn’t have a clue about anything like that.

Looking on the JL site there’s a whole page for it as it Doesn’t just cover TVs.

gibbletts

I think you’ve confused it all by calling D&G which sounds like you can buy cover direct from them but doesn’t cover TVs.
If I were you I would of just called JL and asked to add protection plus and not mentioned what D&G said as I’m sure the call centre staff wouldn’t have a clue about anything like that.

Looking on the JL site there’s a whole page for it as it Doesn’t just cover TVs.

No, the number on there is D&G not john lewis.

gibbletts

So, spoke to someone different and have it set up, apparently an email went out today saying that JL cover can still be bought, but after this I wouldn’t be waiting too long in case they pull the plug. The guy I spoke to is feeding back to the manager of the guy I spoke to earlier, panic over time to whack the oled light up to 100😀

gibbletts

Yeah. Lets close this thread lol..
Panic over.

Sometimes better when you get a stupid answer from a company, to just phone again. ;)
If it hadn't been for the fact that JL had said they had some others saying the same and were looking into it I would have.

daymouse

Distinguished Member
So, spoke to someone different and have it set up, apparently an email went out today saying that JL cover can still be bought, but after this I wouldn’t be waiting too long in case they pull the plug. The guy I spoke to is feeding back to the manager of the guy I spoke to earlier, panic over time to whack the oled light up to 100😀
Great glad you got it sorted. Read that you can change your mind within 45 days so think I will grab it tomorrow

gibbletts

Great glad you got it sorted. Read that you can change your mind within 45 days so think I will grab it tomorrow
Yeah that's right I think even after that you can cancel but you only receive pro rata refund, tbh for 5 year cover it's a bargain.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
No Time to Die gets pushed to 8th Oct 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
KEF announces KC62 subwoofer with new Uni-Core technology
  • By Andy Bassett