John Lewis Make Me Sick!!!

WhiteNoiseMaker

Standard Member
Reaction score
Ordered a Panasonic TH37PE50 with Free DMRES10 from John Lewis. Originally I was told the delivery would come this Friday (6th) then the order confirmation slip came in the post and that said it would de delivered today (4th). Great I thought getting it early! So I book a day off work so I can be in for the delivery. The delivery window time was 9am - 1pm. So 1pm passes and still no plasma screen.

I call John Lewis to make sure there is some point in me sitting all day staring out the window like Norman Bates. They tell me on the phone that 2 days after the order was placed it was cancelled due to the customer (me) not requiring the item anymore.

I kindly informed them that I never cancelled the order and was then told the screen isn't in stock (they had 36 Instock when i placed the order!) and I’ll be lucky if they get anymore stock by the end of the bloody month. So I’ve wasted 2 days of my annual leave (I figured might as well have Tuesday off as well with the bank holiday) what a farce!!

Don't be so British.. Are you going to let them get away with that?

I did give them a good ear bashing on the phone but its hard to say what you really think when your speaking to a woman on the phone.

Not much i can really do at the moment. I wanted to buy the screen from av-sales but they have no stock and with my luck if i did buy one over the internet it would get damaged during transit or break after the 1st year!

I just hope they get more stock soon and they don't cancel the order again!!

Sorry to hear that WNM. I had completely the opposite experience with JL in Bristol where they couldn't be more helpful and were willing to replace my LG plasma without any fuss.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

I used to work for the John Lewis partnership. Take the matter further and you WILL get compensation. They pride themselves on their customer service and will take any complain very seriously, especially given the size of your purchase.

Can't fault JL,gave me a full refund on my Hitachi plasma after 14 months of use.Brought a new PW7 and had £1500 left over,good old JL.

Hunts1uk,

may I ask what was wrong with your Hitachi to have it replaced after 14 months?

I had to cancel an order with JL last year because the courier they use (Parcel Force) kept messing me about for a week. I’ve had similar experiences with Parcel Force before and the sad thing is that nobody at Parcel will take ownership of the problem. I have to say JL weren’t too bothered I cancelled my order either!

mafioso said:
Hunts1uk,

may I ask what was wrong with your Hitachi to have it replaced after 14 months?

Started of with the fan being to loud.Then they took it away again and it came back with a mark on the screen(sure it wasn't there before) so they offered to replace screen.Told them i would prefer a refund.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom