1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Lewis have done it again

Discussion in 'TVs' started by simon1, Dec 29, 2002.

1. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Off topic I know, but I'm sure this is valid, given that we all like a good deal.

Over the last 18 months I have replaced my washing machine, dishwasher and now the refrigerator. Each time I checked internet stores vs the high st, but got the best deal at JL.

I wanted the AEG 1683: £289@ Miller Bros, £259@ Qed, and £239 was the very cheapest on the net. Phoned my local JL store and got it for £229 inc free del + 2yr g'tee.

It was a pity it was so straightforward though. There's a certain amount of personal satisfaction in spending hours checking stores, internet prices, haggling and trying to get pricematchs. And none of this was neccesary.

2. simonp

simonp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm very interested in getting a TV from JL but I live in Cardiff and the nearest store is in Bristol. My concerns are will they deliver it free and more importantly will they send an engineer out to me if the TV breaks down.

3. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Wouldn't think you have anything to worry about re engineers.

JL policy is free delivery if you live within 50 miles of store.