1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Lewis - geezz

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by scrapbook, May 4, 2004.

1. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Blimey, popped into the local John Lewis today and geezz it was spot the CRT TV!

I appreciate that Plasma's etc are sexy at the moment, but I havent seen one yet that can beat a CRT and some of us still want to but one!

I have no idea where I am going to get my TV from now..looks like i will have to risk buying from the net!

2. artgar

artgar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know where you're coming from. Looks like "form over function" is winning at the moment. In the medium term LCD/Plasma is the way to go but, like you say that time hasn't arrived yet. thing is though, it's not as if they're inexpensive. Your paying serious cash for the good kit and the only plus side at the mo is the reduced footprint, wow factor, and possible HD uses.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    and the only plus side at the mo is the reduced footprint, wow factor, and possible HD uses

...and perfect geometry, perfect convergence (neither of which will drift), absence of effects from external magnetism, absence of bounce, and (in the case of LCD especially) complete absence of refresh rate flicker and risk of permanent logo burn-in.

4. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    shame about the picture quality (with most sources) and the big fat hole in my bank account!

I am sure the next CRT I buy will be my final one, but I am hoping it will last 10 years as my current TV has...maybe by then LCD/Plasma will have stopped being the future and instead being the present!