John Lewis Deliveries

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Picotrain, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Picotrain

Picotrain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JL in Watford promised delivery of my Pioneer 427XD today between 7 and 1. Needless to say it didn't turn up, and still hasn't. I was having a friend wait in at mine for the delivery as i am at work, but he couldn't stay for the afternoon. The excuse offered was "They had a lot of heavy items on the van and are running late". Am i now entitled to get it taxied from the Watford depot to my house (about a 20 mile round trip) at their cost?! They will only offer me week day deliveries and these are useless to me!!!

2. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    See my post in the main forum, i had exactly the same thing yesterday and was told i would get a call back to re-arrange delivery this morning, guess what they didnt call. I called about 4 times this morning and nobody could give me an answer till about 1.30 this afternoon, and the answer was...... they had the stand at the store but no TV!!!!!! I eventually found a manager who could help me and she is going to call me back tomorrow but obviously cant promise anything as she is having to re-order from their Milton Keynes warehouse which normally takes a minimum of 4 working days.

Id get on the phone to them right now and dont hang up till you get an answer, otherwise you wont get an answer till tomorrow/next week. The chances of you getting one taxied are zero im afraid. Seriously though phone them now to get it sorted. When they called me yesterday they told me that they would deliver it at my convenience so hold out for weekend delivery as a minimum.

3. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    No help to you but JL in Watford delivered my Panny 42PX60 and cabinet at 12.00 noon today. I was also promised delivery between 7am and 1pm so they did manage to get something right.