John Lewis Are great

Rookies

As some of you will of know that last saturday I brough my Sharp LCD from sheffield John Lewis at full price as I could not wait for them to get it price match. They could not do it on a saturday. But they told me that if I purchase the tv at full price and when they investigate the price match they would refund the different. Hey guess what..... They have refunded the different so very honest services there . Am well please

Yeah, John Lewis seemed really good for me. I went into the store and asked them to bring me a DVD player with Component output so I could test one of the TVs. The guy knew what I was talking about which is unusual on the high street (this was when Component wasn't too well known). They get my vote for service.

neilmcl

Nice 1 Rookies. When I got my 37P50 not only did Joh Lewis give me a a good price match when I bought it but they also refunded a further £100 after the sale when Crampton & Moore reduced their price again.

scrapbook

As much as I like John Lewis (I always buy my major electrical appliances from there when possible) has anyone actually gone back into the shop that did the price match to see if they have reduced the price of the matched item permanently?

In theory if they haven't then surely they shouldn't be marketing themselves as 'Never Knowing Undersold'.

C

Chanes

I agree with the sentiments about JL, but their customer service behind the scenes is poor at best. The quality is in sales floor staff but behind the scenes, if you have queries, it is not good.

themanwithapc

I'Might be a bit off topic, but I'm going to go to my local JL tomorrow (hopefully) and buy the new Sony Bravia 26" set (S Series). My question is, will they price match instore (either on the spot, or taking request to other departments etc.) or will I have to phone them up to price match?

Digitised

(insider information)

It depends really with undersales, when a customer reports a cheaper item it should go through a process with a green undersale form. The customer buys the product and within 2 weeks should recieve notice on the price match.

However sometimes the customer has the item marked down on the spot (to save time in understaffed departments, and to save the customer waiting 2 weeks after theyve spent their money) this happens a lot and results in the item not being marked down on the system.

When an item is marked down it stays down until buyers re-investigate the price again later and check whether the competitor is still selling at that price. If they arent it goes back up i assume (i can see price historys as a normal function on the screens) since item prices go up and down.

But the official price does go down across every branch, we are all very much linked umbulically to central. But obviously reticketing and old stock does mean that some items are sold for more than they should.

But then again if they keep laying off staff left and right and not replacing people, how can we do everything?

neilmcl

themanwithapc said:
I'Might be a bit off topic, but I'm going to go to my local JL tomorrow (hopefully) and buy the new Sony Bravia 26" set (S Series). My question is, will they price match instore (either on the spot, or taking request to other departments etc.) or will I have to phone them up to price match?
You're better of phoning, that way you'll speak to the right people who can make a decision or at least get the ball rolling a lot quicker. Also if you say that you interested in buying the item straight away they sometimes get back to you quicker, once they've investigated the other stores price. However, you probably won't get a price match done on a weeked, especially a Sunday as the undersales dept. won't be there.

Rookies

neilmcl said:
You're better of phoning, that way you'll speak to the right people who can make a decision or at least get the ball rolling a lot quicker. Also if you say that you interested in buying the item straight away they sometimes get back to you quicker, once they've investigated the other stores price. However, you probably won't get a price match done on a weeked, especially a Sunday as the undersales dept. won't be there.
Hi right here, I wanted my price match last saturday but could not be done as the right people were not there. So I was advise to buy at full price and get the different refunded in which was done on the monday so I say good services dont you?

SeanT

My brother was advised that they would not be getting any more of the Samsung screens posted about most frequently with respect to price matching, and that if they did they would be priced at 799 and he'd have to prove that they were cheaper elsewhere (despite numberous other people having already done so)...

Trending threads

Top Bottom