1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Lewis and Toshiba 36ZD26

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bobones, Jan 22, 2003.

1. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've been trying to get John Lewis to price match a Tosh 36DZ26 and a Sony KV-32FX66. They've just called be and agreed to match on the Sony at £894, but tell me they don't stock the 36 inch Tosh. So my girlfriend has a new telly but I don't. Do JL stock the 36ZT26? If so, I might get them to price match on that for around £1400. Or do I break the bank and go for a 43" Pioneer MXE plasma.

Aaargh, I didn't realise buying a new telly would be such a painful process. I already had a 42" LG plasma with tuner, stand and speakers on order from QED for £2573 just before christmas but delivery didn't happen because they couldn't find the tuner box and I cancelled. I almost sold myself on a MXE at £3500 but decided it was just too much money to spend. Now I am back to square one. What am I to do other than scream?! :)

2. Nello

Nello

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bobones

if you look here you'll see that JL and Hse of Fraser don't appear to stock the **ZT29 Toshiba models at the moment. I was trying to get the 28" version price matched and though I've not phoned JL to check if they stock it, it sounds like they don't.

also have a look at this webpage you might get that TV. It's the cheapest I could find where they chuck in a bit of extra warranty, but I don't know what the customer service of this supplier is like in terms of returns, etc.

if you find out anything about JL stocking these ZT29 tv's can you post it back here so I can get one as well.

cheers
    Neil

3. Chi_Z

Chi_Z
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my tosh 36ZT29B via John Lewis. They didn't stock it but ordered it especially. They price matched comet as well. I may have been a bit lucky though as I'm not sure if special orders are usually price matched. It may have happened because I was replacing a Sony TV that I had bought c 11 months earlier which developed a colour purity problem and because that model wasn't made any more they let me pick another set, and pay the price difference.

4. sarll

sarll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I tried recently to get JL to price match a 36 strata tv. I mailed about 5 stores and they all came back saying that they don't stock the 36inch version. A few stores said they had the 32 though