1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Lewis and Plasma Prices

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gurj, Oct 24, 2003.

1. gurj

gurj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After All,

After following the various threads and auditioning re : 42PD3000 i ordered one from John Lewis in Solihull for £2999 inc 5yr warranty on 1 October 2003.

Popped into the store this morning and the price has now risen to £3495 inc 5yr warranty. Got the guy to check my order price / status and it is still £2999 with delivery @ 1st week of November.

He said that the reason why the price had gone up was due to 'demand'.....i said to him well that's one way of stopping it to which he replied that they haven't had a single order all week whereas prior to the price rise it was between 6-8 a week...!

So prospective purchasers be aware that the £3k bargain may no longer exist but if you work it out it still looks competitive with the five year guarantee taken into account.

2. john_aero

john_aero
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

After reading all that had been posted about the Hitachi i decided to bite the bullet and went to JL in Nottingham b4 work today to order one.

Was priced at £3495, but within a min had agreed to match JL Cheadle at £3000 with 5yr warranty. so ordered it there and then.--wait till she finds out 2nite!!! or do i wait till the bill arrives, it will need a bit of grovelling i am sure.

They said that they had screens at the depot but were waiting for tuners from Hitachi, hopefully they should have them within a week. seeing will be believing hopefully.

As i am quite new to this, what would be the best sequance of hooking all the hardware together, and type/probable cost of leads. If there is, a preffered method of hooking up ?

Equipment: so far
    Hitachi 42PD3000 Plasma+Tuner
    Grundig Skybox (not +)
    JVC SVHS video HRS6855
    Acoustic Solutions DVD
    Sony AV Amp STRDB1070
    5x Eltax jupiter Speakers+ Eltax Sub
    Not the greatest selection i know

many thanks for any help.