1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Lewis and Panasonic TH37PE30

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by RSMORRIS, Oct 19, 2004.

1. RSMORRIS

RSMORRIS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just been contacted by John Lewis confirming a price match of a Panasonic TH37PE30 with S & V Bolton.

However, when I asked the bloke in undersales for confirmation that a free cabinet and dvd recorder would accompany the TV he said only if S & V also offer these freebies.
    He stated that the undersale request only mentioned the TV, not the free cabinet and recorder. He starting quoting the like for like policy for price matches etc. After my protests he agreed to look into the matter further and will call me in the morning with the verdict.

My question is to members of this forum that have successfully used JL to pricematch this TV, did you have any trouble persuading JL to include the cabinet etc?

My understanding is that this is a Panasonic offer allowing John Lewis to recoup the cost of the 'freebies'. Am I correct? :confused:

2. foxyuk13

foxyuk13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    looked at s & v website there is no mention of freebies ........... it even gives u option to buy the stand....
    what makes u think the stand/dvd recorder is free???

3. RSMORRIS

RSMORRIS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply Foxyuk,

Perhaps I am under the wrong impression.
    Earlier posts I read revealed that people were successful in getting the Cheadle branch of JL to pricematch Selfridges. They received a dvd recorder and cabinet even though Selfidges don't appear to be offering this promo (at least not according to the person I spoke to there yesterday).

Perhaps someone could tell me if Selfidges do/did offer the cabinet/dvd free promo when they used them to price match.

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    JL Brent Cross are offering the 37pe30 + recorder+ stand for £2399 by matching cheadle's price.

You should get the stand + recorder with it as it is a panasonic promotion NOT JL!

5. RSMORRIS

RSMORRIS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Tejstar,

I said to the undersales bloke that it was a Panasonic promo not JL. I'll find out tomorrow if he sees reason.

I don't suppose anyone has a link to this offer as an official panasonic promotion so I can quote chapter and verse to him?

6. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Panasonic promotion is listed in the "promotions file" in the TV departments of all JL branches. Ask the call-centre operator to check with the department manager. I have had confirmation from JL Liverpool and JL Bristol that this promotion is available regardless of whether the undersale price-match includes a stand+DVDR or not.

Basically, you have to get JL to agree an undersale for the TV Only - and then ask for the Panasonic promotion to be applied on top. I'm currently waiting for confirmation of an undersale from JL Bristol on exactly that basis.

7. RSMORRIS

RSMORRIS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    John Lewis (Bristol) have just told me that they won't include the stand & recorder because they only match like for like.
    The bloke claimed to have checked with his department manager.

It makes me wish I'd just accepted the initial pricematch for the TV and then rang the sales dept. a few hours later about the stand/recorder. Perhaps they would have seen my order for the TV and just added the freebies without question.

Perhaps I'll try another JL branch.

8. alscds

alscds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jl wont or shouldnt match s & v and you do get the promo your matching the panel it just so happens that your gettin the freebies aswell jl dont loose out as they get the money back from panny to confirm fone cheadle jl 01614914914