John Lewis And LG RZ42PX11

B

Billyfergus

Was in John Lewis in Aberdeen this morning and asked about the RZ42PX11 (I already own one).

The guy went to his computer and looked it up as they did not have one in stock. Price they had for it was £1515 which includes free delivery and 5 year guarentee.

He also said that they had been expecting a delivery of 100 screens on 1/2/5 but they had not arrived yet. The good thing about this it that it must mean they are newer versions of software.

I suggest if anyone is looking to purchase then you could do much worse than head to JL.

I have had one on order with John Lewis in Cheadle for about 2 or 3 weeks now. They say it will probably be another week at the moment. Their price to me is stil 1599. What number have you rang to get 1515.

Cheers,

tags

I did not ring any number, I went in to their Aberdeen store.

Just to remind you that I already own a PX 11 but I was just being nosey. I did not even mention price match, the saleman just said this was the price.

Perhaps they price matched a previous customer and kept the price match price in the system?

i have been told by the tech guys at lg that the panels with the new software should have 411 in the serial and if they dont well thats old stock basicaly anything made in november will have the new software with the 5000.1 contrast my new one cumming tomoss so lets hope its new stock cause if it aint the delivery guys can take it back lol

im waitin on j,l in cheadle to get some stock aswell , been told 7 days yesterday and promised its new stock, so fingers crossed they come in ! :lease:

I am also waiting on JL to get stock. I have managed to secure one at £1349, price matching RS at the time I ordered it.

that is a greta prie as its online at JL for 1799 and most stores are at 1619 now!

Not too sure that the sales assistant knew what he was doing when he confirmed the price match. Fairly certain that he didn't check stock with RS!

I myself had an LG on order from John Lewis Cheadle, but got sick and tired of them saying that it will be next week.

in the end i ordered the Pansasonic 42PE30 instead and do not regret it one bit!

Hi Guys
New to the forum and following all the threads re the LG RZ42PX11 decided to take the plunge and order one. Found several on the net at £1300+ mark but with a one year warranty. Called JL in several locations to price match these JL price is now £1595 delivered. They would not price match any of these but found the LG product at:

http://www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk/shop/

They have the LG at £1299 and JL Sheffield will price match this.

One stipulation is that some of the JL branches will only match to a small area e.g. Newcastle up to 10 miles. So I am getting the LG at £1299 but with 5 year warranty and the JL reputation. :D

Only minor problem is that JL will deliver to my door in 4-6 weeks time (£30) or I can collect from Sheffield or their depot in Milton Keynes (both free), I will be collecting on Friday from Sheffield.

Thanks guys.

HI All,

just spoke to JL at Sheffield and they say they are not pricematching Crampton and Moore as they are not giving prices out to them!!!!

Just told them that they have lost my business!!

Mo9999 - who did you speak to at Sheffield??

Cheers

Lawrenso

Hi All,

just spoke to Liverpool - and they are looking into doing a pricematch with Crampton and Moore. Just think, nearly paid a grand on the classifieds forums for one where 1 month's warranty has already gone (and it is only 12 months old)

Cheers

Lawrenso

mo9999 said:
Hi Guys
New to the forum and following all the threads re the LG RZ42PX11 decided to take the plunge and order one. Found several on the net at £1300+ mark but with a one year warranty. Called JL in several locations to price match these JL price is now £1595 delivered. They would not price match any of these but found the LG product at:

http://www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk/shop/

They have the LG at £1299 and JL Sheffield will price match this.

One stipulation is that some of the JL branches will only match to a small area e.g. Newcastle up to 10 miles. So I am getting the LG at £1299 but with 5 year warranty and the JL reputation. :D

Only minor problem is that JL will deliver to my door in 4-6 weeks time (£30) or I can collect from Sheffield or their depot in Milton Keynes (both free), I will be collecting on Friday from Sheffield.

Thanks guys.

Mo, Thanks for much for that!!! I gt my TV about two weeks ago from JL Sheffield on a price match with RGB for 1414.49. I called this morning and did a retrospective price match with Crampton and Moore and amgetting another £115 back!!!

In terms of who I dealt with at JL, I spoke to a friendly lady called Elaine.

Cheers

Paul

I've just purchased one through Comet at Ashton Under Lyne.

I rang them in advance and they price matched against EMPIRE-DIRECT no problem, but when I arrived the original manager had gone home :(. The other manager then rang EMPIRE again to confirm price but they no longer had stock :(

After mentioning the COMET website price he agreed to knock £100 off the price, so I pondered on it for a while.... They then came back and offered to knock another £100 off if I took 3 years insurance, which I suppose isn’t a bad deal...

Worked out £1399 for the LG in the end, but if I can find somewhere else in a 10 mile area they will price match it + 10% off for another 14 days.....

Has anybody got any ideas for another price match??? :)

Hi All,

has word back from JL at Liverpool and they are price matching Crampton and Moore - no problem - now just to decide if I pick it up or have them deliver.

Price Delivered - £1336
Price Collected - £1299

Plus the added bonus of a JL 5 year warranty.......

Yippppeeeeee - I've done it - finally decided on a plasma !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Everyone

Lawrenso

Depends on how fast you want it...... mines coming tomorrow :)

Just feel a bit gutted by my price, I've paid over £200 more just to get a 3 year warrantly :(

Hope you like it..... have you decided on the best way to wire it up yet ???

jl should not be price matching crampton and moore i know cheadle wont Tags and Hog cheadle should have them in soon but even when the warehouse gets them it still takes jl about 7/10days to process your order and Hog unless you spoke to certain members of staff there when they (promised you a new one) they meant its coming in a box. However the new stock will have the new software. :smashin:

Hi ALSCDS,

it is being delivered on Saturday afternoon, but if it does not have a 5000:1 sticker on it will be going right back on the lorry, and if it is not a later firmware (ie 5.13 or above), then it will be going right back.

Not stepped foot in the store so I can get them on the distance selling regulations.

Cheers

Lawrenso

lawrenso said:
Hi All,

has word back from JL at Liverpool and they are price matching Crampton and Moore - no problem - now just to decide if I pick it up or have them deliver.

Price Delivered - £1336
Price Collected - £1299

Plus the added bonus of a JL 5 year warranty.......

Yippppeeeeee - I've done it - finally decided on a plasma !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Everyone

Lawrenso

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I can now go to JL with at least some hope of getting this set at a decent price :thumbsup: Do you know if they have stock?

wizbongre said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I can now go to JL with at least some hope of getting this set at a decent price :thumbsup: Do you know if they have stock?

Hi wizbongre - they are delivering on Saturday so they must have stock :thumbsup: - I dealt with two nice women on the phone, Katherine and Joanne - best be quick before they wise up though. Do it over the phone though because you get the distance selling regulations to back you up in case you get old firmware etc.. :eek:

As you can see above, JL Sheffield stopped price matching Crampton and Moore - albeit a little bit illegally I feel - as Liverpool rang up and got a price no problem.

Cheers

Lawrenso

Christ !

I spent a while on the phone to JLP Milton Keynes yesterday. The lady was friendly and she was trying to find an advertised price for her to match against. RGB ran an advert in this months HCC for £1599 which included a Home Cinema Kit with freeview, so she ran off to see if she could match that. In the meantime I did some more checking and found Crampton And Moores price and called her back with that one as well.

If she doesnt match it - I will frive the 100 miles up to sheffield on sat and get one, or pick up from MK depot if thats an option as thats only 15 miles away!

I asked about the policy and she said all stores follow the same guidelines and its a national price matching policy - against another shop only that has in stock the same item and they match against the sticker price. Nothing else. She said she was getting a bit of hassle with some of these shops because they would not give her a price and would ask "whats the cheapest price you have had so far?" so she was struggling.
I will follow this up in the morning - when I spoke to JLP on Friday they said there was over 130 units in the wharehouse. So I am surprprised you chaps in Cheadle are having so much hassle!!

If you need a name and number let me know!

Tone

I am damn confused now - I was on the phone yesterday and today to john lewis who said they WILL NOT match crampton and moore!!! They said there Sheffield branch told them this. (I was talkito the Southampton Branch)?? HELP

Hi,

I was told by Sheffield the reason why they would not price match C&M is because they will not give JL the price when they phone up as apparently C&M know it is John Lewis's. Find this a bit hard to believe as Liverpool's JL had no problems getting a price - I phoned them, gave them the details and they phoned back within the hour and said it was OK, but would have to charge the delivery fee, unless I collected from them. But hey - what the heck - I have a screen with a 5 year Warranty from one of the countries most respected shops.

Remember -with this screen go for the home delivery as this covers you on the distance selling regs. I heard of one guy who saw a car on a forecourt and then purchased it off their website - he wasn't covered as he had seen the goods prior to purchase. Don't know if it holds true for "display items" - but why take the risk. Peace of mind is worth £35 pound.

Cheers

Lawrenso

I have had a call from JLP Milton Keynes advising me that they will price match the C&M price of £1299+delivery!!! (total being £1334).

SO I will be ordering shortly - what I want to know is wether I shoulbe be getting the 5000:1 version? Dunno if JLP are stocking these yet - does anyone know?

Also - gave asked on another thread but no one has answered as yet - what mounts are being used?

Cheers

Tone

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom