John Lewis 40XF355B ??

dominicd

Standard Member
Hi there

Looking to get a Toshiba 40XF355db as it was the best way to convince the mrs to have a larger set (as it has such a small frame) and found it on most sites for £999 (comet and the like)

But..... I fancy getting the 5 year free warranty from John lewis

Does anyone know if the 40XF355B THEY list is the same set as they have now also reduced to £999 (started at £1699 on Monday, £1199 on Tuesday and now £999)

Is this the same set ?? :lease:

Same original RRP, Same contrast, Same pic (I think) and Same Res ??

mark1000

Distinguished Member
Hi there

Looking to get a Toshiba 40XF355db as it was the best way to convince the mrs to have a larger set (as it has such a small frame) and found it on most sites for £999 (comet and the like)

But..... I fancy getting the 5 year free warranty from John lewis

Does anyone know if the 40XF355B THEY list is the same set as they have now also reduced to £999 (started at £1699 on Monday, £1199 on Tuesday and now £999)

Is this the same set ?? :lease:

Same original RRP, Same contrast, Same pic (I think) and Same Res ??

Yes, the very same, just had a look at it today myself.

Mark.

02cab

Standard Member
having read another thread im slightly worried about back light issues but it looks the best tv ive seen in the 37-40" range visually,having read some of the reviews i think this is the tv for me,

i would also like a PM at JL if the tv can be had cheaper elsewhere,anyone any cheaper prices JL would PM,

another thought is this tv likely to come down in price in the next month or so? once the new toshiba z? series comes out,wonder if its worth the wait?

:)

muzza1uk

I was also looking at this set as wanted a 46" but found the Samsung F86 and Sony X3500 too bulky, the ZF looked perfect and was even narrower than the X3500 40"! However, reading the thread here for the set I didn't like the fact that it wasn't 24 frame native and could have judder when using my PS3. Today I trawled round Tottenham Court Road and looked at other sets and ended up buying the 46" W3000, it's much narrower than the X series and I saw both side by side running the same Blue Disc ( my own Spidey 3) and I couldn't tell the difference. I paid £1595 inc a 5 year Sony guarantee and can't wait to pick it up Saturday.:clap:

Muzza1

tightfist

Standard Member
John Lewis will price match after you have brought the TV for upto a month so if it did go down you could still claim the difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom