John Lewis £140 Burn-in cover v LG Screen Replacement for £200-£250

I'm waiting for a good CX55 deal (just missed the perfect one at pcr direct)

I was planning on getting John Lewis to price match (which if these other companies keep using voucher codes to get the cheapest price I wont be able to anyway) and pay the £140 but upon browing these forums I have read that LG often replace the panels for £200-£250 anyway

So why bother with the £140 upfront for something that you may never even need to use?

Am I missing something?

Just pay the £200 IF it happens?

fluxedman

Few months of owning the CX I felt the £140 was just one giant waste of money, more so since I was told twice over the phone D&G doesn't cover knocks or tv falling off wall despite it saying that on the JL site. I would clarify this with D&G get it in writing if possible.

When you see the tech working in the background (screen shift, logo luminance etc) you do kind of realize why no other retailer has bothered to sell burn in cover, it really should be a thing of the past.

I really felt the 5 year cover was all I ever needed but one good thing about the insurance was apart from some peace of mind was LG don't guarantee or state they can always offer the panel replacement service to you, in fact they stopped the service during lock down due to covid restrictions so some were told can't be done, others were told they don't do the panel for their model TV (think it was 2016-7 oleds tvs), other were told wait till wait for lock down to end they may start it again. But oddly some managed to get the panel replacement service.

A lot of people can sum it up is the cost justified over the price of the tv, certainly can say yes given how expensive it is so choice is yours really.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom