John Carter 3D pre-order £17.99 at amazon

Totally unrelated to the OP but I have to say that that is one of the worst covers I've ever seen on a movie.

I know the movie gets mixed reviews but based on the cover alone, it looks like a 'made for TV' movie and isn't doing itself any favours at all.

Just another of Disney's (unfortunate) hideous marketing choices. Film's alright though. Think Dune - although that might scupper your willingness to watch in the first place!

Wow that is terrible! Disney marketing needs a slap.

I'm hoping that gets some work, looks like a rental case, but at this price I think I'll have that. Cheers OP.

yea the standard 2d cover is pants as well

i'll bang in an order incase the price goes up, but that cover makes me wanna punch the screen, its that bad, does this version contain the 2d version as well, the Amazon website is unclear.

i am not 3d enabled yet, but have been buying 2d/3d versions rather than a standalone 2d version

edit: looking at other websites, it appears that it does have both versions, however play have this listed at 22.99 and nearly all the other websites 24.95 upwards, so this early starter price is a bargain, and is likely to go up i say, so get your pre order in now.

Last edited:
they dont take payment straight away do they ?

thanx i couldnt remember

I am stunned anyone thinks £16 is a bargain.E sspecially for crapovision 3D.

i don't think its a bargain lol but its the same price as the standard version and Disneys take awhile too drop in price.

I cannot wait to see it again dont get me wrong, but I am a grump nowadays and if its not well under a tenner - it doesnt get bought. I still think it will be in cheap bargain bins fairly quickly, a few months to be under a tenner hopefully.

Thanks OP
A few of my close friends are part of the special effects team that worked on this, they have also worked on King Kong, Lord of The Rings and the new Batman plus many others.

I will be watching it very closely and see if the effects are up to the standard they say lol

i havent seen it, but alot of people think that the stick it has got is unjustified..in fact even the avforums review was positive of the film!

avforums john carter review

a respectable and solid 8 for the movie itself

I am stunned anyone thinks £16 is a bargain.E sspecially for crapovision 3D.

All the Disney 3D releases have so far been good, so not worried this might be crappy 3d - harry potter i'm looking at you!

i don't think its a bargain lol but its the same price as the standard version and Disneys take awhile too drop in price.

its a bargain price at amazon because everyone else is charging a lot more for it

It definitely was a bargain compared to other retailers prices. It's gone up to £22.99 at Amazon now though. Glad I got my pre-order in before the price hike :D

It's a bargain if it was £4 as it was such a poor film

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom