John Carpenter's The Thing Discussion Thread(Please add spoiler tags)

JC has said he knows which one is the thing at the end but he won't reveal who.

Depending on how 'canon' you consider it, the sequel video game categorically revealed MacReady to be human.

Take that with however much salt you like but the game was fully endorsed by Carpenter.

1579270620467707547239.jpg

I still have the pc game. It's the only game I have left but will never sell.

There's no way a legend like Kurt Russell is The Thing.

That's the definitive answer :D

There's no way a legend like Kurt Russell is The Thing.

That's the definitive answer :D
Well, the thing is.... oh never mind Lol.

no one's considering that maybe they both are?

I just love the molotov theory.
Hey all
What post does this comment refer to? I couldn't find the previous reference.
#intrigued

Cheers, Paul

Watched it recently again (probably for the 1001th time) now I have the Arrow edition.
Just amazing and still very powerful (before the days of CGI)
I first watched his on VHS release in the 80s and it was scary then and still is.
Will remain in my top ten of movies ever made in my book.

John Carpenter created something that will live long past us, in the cult status of film making.
:)

Hey all
What post does this comment refer to? I couldn't find the previous reference.
#intrigued

Cheers, Paul
Hi Paul, it was just in reference to the comment about Childs. I love the whole theory around the molotov and that the whiskey bottle is full of gasoline proving Childs is The Thing when he drinks it.

1580673461864.png

1587766241770.png

1587994608675.png

With Pitch black getting a 4k release from Arrow ... I hope the Thing gets the same treatment

Been too long since I watched this. Think a double bill with the latest one might be in order.

With Pitch black getting a 4k release from Arrow ... I hope the Thing gets the same treatment
I told Arrow this on their Facebook page.
Been too long since I watched this. Think a double bill with the latest one might be in order.
I did this a few weeks back.

I thought the new one was pretty good. Tied in nicely with the old one, some great nods.
I can't believe the hate this movie gets.
I love it and watch it regularly.

shows what can be done when a genuine total fanboy is given the reigns and puts in all the painstaking research to make sure the locations look the same and the script matches the aftermath shown in JC's film. There was a lot of whining about binning the practical effects for the CG but I think it all looks outstanding.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom