Joe Strummer - RIP

Radiohead

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just heard the confirmed news that Joe Strummer died yesterday, aged 50.

Sad, sad news.

:(

A talented man, who made a real difference in the musical world.

I can't believe it!!

Does anyone know how or what happened? I'm gutted, I was a big fan.

The Post-mortem is today, but looks like a heart attack

He brought great pleasure to a lot of people and will be missed by all us 40 year old punks

Originally posted by JohnG
He brought great pleasure to a lot of people and will be missed by all us 40 year old punks

Yes indeed, the Grim Reaper of punk has been too active lately, shame that as with Mr Entwistle, Joe was soon to tour having made peace with Mick according to BBC News 24 this morning.
It's all been said already, but makes you catch your breath when people you identify with from your own teenage years die so suddenly.
Likewise racing driver Will Hoy also aged 50, another genuine British talent and real friendly guy who died this week.

Joe Strummer was supposed to be getting back together with the original band to begin touring.

Blimey I can't believe it's been so long since he died !

Blimey I can't believe it's been so long since he died !
Thinking the same but it's funny this thread should make an appearance as I've been listening to The Clash - The Clash and Give 'em enough rope cds over the last few days.

Curly

Thinking the same but it's funny this thread should make an appearance as I've been listening to The Clash - The Clash and Give 'em enough rope cds over the last few days.

Curly

I've been listening to London Calling recently, but mainly I've got my old SLF stuff out and given that a good thrashing :D

/me slaps the SLF Inflammable Material cd in the player to spice up the evening and finishes it off with a little smidgeon of the Dammed.

Curly

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom