1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joe/liam - HDMI Input Option For Panny's?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by KBDVD, Oct 10, 2003.

1. KBDVD

KBDVD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi All,

I wouldn't mind betting that as Panasonic seem to be one of the founding members of the HDMI group, a HDMI "blade" may well become available as an additional optional input card for the 6 series panels?

Given Pioneers inclusion of HDMI on their new panels, I'd think that this option could well come about sooner rather than later!

Any thoughts on the likelyhood of this Joe/Liam/Anyone? Any rumours on the grapevine?

The more I think about it, the more sense this would make. What a great line up of possible input options this would give the Panny 6 series models :

INPUT 1: HDMI
    INPUT 2: DVI-HDCP
    INPUT 3: COMPONENT

This would take a lot of beating!

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    From my (relatively limited) knowledge of HDMI, there's no picture quality advantage to be gained by Panasonic adding a HDMI board. The plasma will already accept HDCP encoded DVI signals (i.e. the video portion of HDMI) via a breakout cable, and the audio portion would go from the breakout cable direct to your compatible amplifier anyway!

3. KBDVD

KBDVD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Liam,

Yeah, I think your right about the "no advantage" bit, it was just the thought that as Pioneer, (and "others" no doubt) will be introducing DVD players with HDMI outputs, it would give those people that don't actually want to utillise a seperate AV amp a direct "one cable" link to their panel for sound & vision.

................. Not to mention the fact that the Pioneer has one! ;)

ps: Would you be so kind as to PM/E-Mail me with your best price on a TH-50PHW6 supplied with 2x DVI boards & 1x Component board? ............ I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.