Job scam?

Reaction score
I recently saw this job advert.

APPLIANCE TRAINEES 15 f/t positions. Full training provided. £1800 p/m for those who qualify. Call xxxxx
To apply for this job please call xxxx

Seemed a bit vague but i called them up. The guy i needed to speak to was out so the receptionist took my number. A couple of hours later the same woman calls back giving the company name. She was very keen to get me down for an interview despite not knowing anything about me. I asked for more information about the job & she kept changing the subject & pushing me to come for the interview. I have the company name & address but i cant find a record of it anywhere online.

Now obviously i am not going to any interview because it all seems very dodgy. Any thoughts on what it could possibly be?

probably a

when u get there u will get 8 hours of hard sell "time share" style

Yeah it sounds like a course where they train you to sell something (like a blinkin vaccum cleaner or something) and then encourage to buy into their franchise for £5,000 and you can sell 10 a day and earn a fortune ....

You have nnothing to lose by going along to the interview.

Where did you see the advert? I assume it wasn't the local job centre. Was it on a railing or in a shop window?

If a job is any good it will be from a reputable place and it will at least tell you what is involved. For all you know it could be 'rent boy'.

Last edited:
The fact that it's 1800 pm with out any decent qualifications or experience required would always highlight the fact its a scam of some sort.

I wouldn't have even read past the first line of the advert

Where did you see the advert? I assume it wasn't the local job centre. Was it on a railing or in a shop window?

If a job is any good it will be from a reputable place and it will at least tell you what is involved. For all you know it could be 'rent boy'.

:eek: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You have nnothing to lose by going along to the interview.

Time, petrol, effort ..... the will to live.

I get your point but how many times do you get asked on holiday walking up the beach front to come to a "presentation" .... if it really was a job then why aren't they more forthcoming ..... there's no smoke.

Post the number, we can all ring up, if it is a scam like you suggest at least we can throw a spanner in the works and waste some of their time.

APPLIANCE TRAINEES 15 f/t positions. Full training provided. £1800 p/m for those who qualify. Call xxxxx

Sounds like a typical Gumtree ad to me.

Should be a good company to work for, 9 kisses in the advert, shows their very loving :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom