Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Joan of Arc Missed The Last 10 Minutes What Happend (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Garrett, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,653
    I just missed the last bit of this films and saw up to the point where she was in prison and the English had dressed her in male clothing.

I do know she was burnt at the stake (from history) I just want to know was there anything much I missed or end credit revelations?

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi Garrett,

From what I can remember, when I first saw this on DVD a few years ago now, after Joan's imprisoned, she has a kind of verbal debate with God/herself, and tries to defend her actions, asking why she should be treated this way by her fellow men.

After that, she's taken away and burned at the stake, and that's pretty much it. I don't recally any revelations being made, nor any major plot developments either.

Hope that's of some help to you. :)

Pooch

P.S. I know a lot of people didn't like the film, when it came out, but I thought it was still quite good, as long as you didn't bother to look for great historical accuracy.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,653
    Thank Pooch.

I thought it was quite a good film and it looked fairly un-bias it neither showed the English or the French in a good light.

Who captured her in the first place as she was waiting for a ransom from the French and when the bloke come to tell her the ransom had been paid he added but by the English. If they had captured her why were they paying a ransom?

What were them spinning things that lopped of the battlement scalars heads off?

4. PAH

PAH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    The full script is here (including a few scenes cut from the version shown on TV at the weekend)

http://www.hundland.com/scripts/TheMessenger.txt

Search for 'INT. DUNGEON - ROUEN CASTLE - NIGHT' to find the point you watched it up to.

They used the fact they forced her to wear mens clothes again (by not providing anything else to wear) as a sign of her retracting her repentance and so it gave them the excuse they wanted to be able to burn her as a heretic.

5. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,584
    Likewise. I got this on DVD awhile back and thoroughly enjoyed it.