JMGO U2 UST Projector Thread

Moops

Novice Member
JMGO U2 Projector on Indiegogo

This one just launched on Kickstarter and it really covers almost all my UST Projector wants!

The specs that really stand out to me:
  • Tri-Color laser
  • 3600 2400 native ANSI lumens
  • .47 4K DLP chip
  • 3D capable
  • 28dB at 1m
  • 0.25 throw ratio
  • 100” fixed focus
  • 1 Year Warranty (2 year in Europe)
  • Menu languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified

To me, it seems to have a lot in common with the Bomaker Polaris 4K (Hisense tri-laser tech) with the addition of 3D, much better build quality and company/warranty support.

JMGO U2 Projector on Indiegogo

Attachments

• A9374094-1A4C-441C-94F4-7686245FF2BB 2.jpeg
    A9374094-1A4C-441C-94F4-7686245FF2BB 2.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Moops

Novice Member
Just got this email:

“Hello,
This is a message from Kickstarter’s Trust and Safety Team. We’re writing to let you know that a project you recently backed, JMGO U2 - Ultra-HD 4K Tri-color Laser Projector (Suspended), has been suspended. We also want to assure you that your HK$ 16,299.00 pledge has been canceled. To protect our community, we may suspend projects when they demonstrate one or more of the following:
  • Misrepresenting support by pledging to your own project
As a result, all funding has been stopped and backers will not be charged for their pledges. No further action is required on your part.”

——————
*EDIT

JMGO Email:

“Dear JMGO U2 VIPs,
Thanks for your support on JMGO U2 project. We launched JMGO U2 project with the lowest possible price and your shipping is on top of our list.
Minutes ago, we've received a Kickstarter notice of suspending our project. We are confused but actively communicating with Kickstarter seeking solutions and answers.
JMGO U2 is still here and will always be transparent to you. We will be back soon with more explanation.
Best
JMGO Global Team”

Last edited:

mudshark

Distinguished Member
I think its fugly

Captain Ron

Seems like a well engineered bit of kit but the styling is weird. It neither looks like furniture or a projector.

Moops

Novice Member
Kind of a mixed bag.

The good:
Very sharp @ 100”
97% Rec.2020
Quiet

The bad:
No color mapping for different color spaces (biggest issue to me, I hope this is firmware fixable)
HDR tone mapping looks washed out/blown out highlights (ditto)
60hz like all .47 DLP’s. (judder/some dropped frames on 24p content, poor 50hz handling, poor interpolation….you’re going to want to send it already processed video)

*Edit: I asked about SDR color space/HDR tone mapping fixes in the Facebook group..

Last edited:

toodeep

Also highish input lag. So not a projector for gamers, cinephiles or UK TV watchers, but only US$1800 for the next two days.

Moops

Novice Member
Also highish input lag. So not a projector for gamers, cinephiles or UK TV watchers, but only US$1800 for the next two days.

In a reply to my Facebook post about the SDR/HDR issues, they said that they’re working on the SDR color space and HDR tone mapping after Vincent identified the issues. They’re definitely responsive, hopefully they‘ll be good about supporting the U2 with fixes!

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom