1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JL Stock

Discussion in 'TVs' started by ronster, Jan 18, 2004.

1. ronster

ronster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Is anyone else waiting for John Lewis to get more stock of TVs in? I have my name down for a Panny 32PD30, and they're muttering about "180 outstanding orders" and "6-8 weeks"! It seems from their website that the only manufacturer they seem to have any stock from is Sony.

Anyone know if they may actually get stock in sooner than March?! :eek:

2. pward

pward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I enquired about ordering the same set at JL Cheadle today and was quoted approximately three weeks.

Cheers,

Paul

3. stejcoolj

stejcoolj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wanted the Sony FX68. I ordered it from JL on Friday afternoon and was told that it was out of stock, to be back in by 13 Feb. Got a phone call Saturday morning to say it was in stock and they're delivering Thursday. Flukey or what?

4. pward

pward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a postscript to the above, we ordered the PD30 this evening at JL Cheadle and have been quoted 16th February for arrival in stock.

Paul

5. ronster

ronster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Amazingly, JL Bluewater rang me today to tell me that they've just got a 32PD30 in stock and will be delivering it next Weds (28/01)!

It seems that it's really worth trying different JL stores if one quotes a long delivery time. I guess JL Bluewater must have a larger stock allocation than JL Oxford Street - they certainly have much better customer service.