JL Sony Bravia KD65XF9005 replacement

nev166

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Aware similar has been posted before, but i couldnt see one for the 65" model.

So TV was rebooting a lot, which seemed to be a known issue. Went in for repair, and have been told it beeds a part thats not not available so i will be offered a replacement.
Not had an offer yet, but want to be armed when they do!

So as the XF90 was the top of the range when purchased, what curerent TV do we think meets its spec?
I see the X90J is close, but doesnt get as bright, whilst the X95J does. Is this something JL should consider?
For reference i paid £1,549 in November 2018. The X90J is currently £1,189 whilst the X95J is £1,699.
Whilst im not expecting more than i paid, if the brightness cant be matched, should they be offering me that TV as its an equivalent?

Also this is academic as id be looking to pay the difference and upgrade to the A80J OLED for £1,899.

Any thoughts or equivalents or exeriences welcome :)

Hi All,

Aware similar has been posted before, but i couldnt see one for the 65" model.

So TV was rebooting a lot, which seemed to be a known issue. Went in for repair, and have been told it beeds a part thats not not available so i will be offered a replacement.
Not had an offer yet, but want to be armed when they do!

So as the XF90 was the top of the range when purchased, what curerent TV do we think meets its spec?
I see the X90J is close, but doesnt get as bright, whilst the X95J does. Is this something JL should consider?
For reference i paid £1,549 in November 2018. The X90J is currently £1,189 whilst the X95J is £1,699.
Whilst im not expecting more than i paid, if the brightness cant be matched, should they be offering me that TV as its an equivalent?

Also this is academic as id be looking to pay the difference and upgrade to the A80J OLED for £1,899.

Any thoughts or equivalents or exeriences welcome :)
i would expect it will be done via sony 5 year warranty anyway, sony are very fair most times with spec replacements and sometimes give better than the previous TV spec

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom