JL Pricematching help needed

kmm,

I owe you a drink! :thumbsup:

I've just been to my local JL, had a bit of a fight persuading them about Newcastle, but I got there in the end!

Thanks again,

Merlin

John Lewis will only pricematch if...

the competitor is a store (not mail order or internet)
the competitor has the product in stock
the product isnt on promotion at competitor. i.e. JL wont pricematch promotions

I personally think its a bit cheeky how ppl go hunting around for cheap prices and then goto JL to get a pricematch AND a 5 yr guarantee (free of charge).

Just imaging how many staff are getting annoyed with ppl coming in and asking for pricematches all the time, i know i would.

The pricematching scheme works by filling in an undersale form, then that gets sent to merchandising dept which then process the undersale. The undersale/merchandising dept then get back to the customer. Once the form is filled, it has nothing to do with the member of staff.

Just to let u all know.

edwardcasbon said:
Once the form is filled, it has nothing to do with the member of staff.

Just to let u all know.

apparently that is not the case, as several here have pointed out.

edwardcasbon said:
John Lewis will only pricematch if...

the competitor is a store (not mail order or internet)
the competitor has the product in stock
the product isnt on promotion at competitor. i.e. JL wont pricematch promotions

I personally think its a bit cheeky how ppl go hunting around for cheap prices and then goto JL to get a pricematch AND a 5 yr guarantee (free of charge).

Just imaging how many staff are getting annoyed with ppl coming in and asking for pricematches all the time, i know i would.

The pricematching scheme works by filling in an undersale form, then that gets sent to merchandising dept which then process the undersale. The undersale/merchandising dept then get back to the customer. Once the form is filled, it has nothing to do with the member of staff.

Just to let u all know.

But JL have a published policy of 'never knowingly being undersold'. They can withdraw that at any time.

If they did a price comparison including the value of the warranty I would not complain, but they don't, their choice :D :suicide:

edwardcasbon said:

John Lewis are a business and their business is to make money out of us the consumer and there is nothing wrong with that. On the other hand it's our business as consumers to get the best deal for products we wish to buy. If JL make statements saying they will price match then they must expect some people to try as hard as they can to get them to do just that. They will still make a profit, only less. I don't see many JL stores closing down do you?

Edwardcasbon,

Sounds like you might be a disenchanted JL employee! :laugh:

I don't think you'll find many here who sympathise with your views, TG included, but I'd still like to welcome you to the Forum. :)

I have just arranged delivery of the Tosh 36ZP48 for Wednesday. The price is £799 !!!!!! JL Milton Keynes are pricematching a local store at this price so JL Soton had to match it.

Two weeks ago I was perfectly happy to pay over £1000 for this TV.

:clap:

Ian, is this a match the store are currently doing openly now?? Im still trying to sort my deal.
IF not, do you know the name of the local store that they are matching?
Cheers :)

smashed said:
Ian, is this a match the store are currently doing openly now?? Im still trying to sort my deal.
IF not, do you know the name of the local store that they are matching?
Cheers :)

Rob,

Iwas hoping you'd be on line as I do like to share my good fortune. I don't know the name of the store.
After reading another thread earlier today I phoned JL Milton Keynes and asked the price of the Tosh. They said they were currently doing a price match with a local store for £799 but did not mention which store. I then phoned JL Soton and told them this, they agreed to match this price and passed me to the TV dept. who took my details and arranged delivery. Could'nt be simpler.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

After all this good luck I'm sure the TV is going to be faulty on arrival.

Thanks,

Will give it a bash and let you know :)

iansums said:
I have just arranged delivery of the Tosh 36ZP48 for Wednesday. The price is £799 !!!!!! JL Milton Keynes are pricematching a local store at this price so JL Soton had to match it.

Two weeks ago I was perfectly happy to pay over £1000 for this TV.

:clap:

You are a star. Just spoken to JL Glasgow and they have agreed to pricematch my order with their Milton Keynes branch for £799. They had already processed my order for £995 (pricematched earlier in the week) but have now just refunded £196 to my card :smashin:

They have stock, getting free delivery (sometime next week) and a 5 year warranty. Stonking deal, waaayyyy better than the Curry's deal before Christmas on the 36ZP46. I was miffed I missed out on that one at the time, but isn't fate strange, it's worked out so much better in the end.

Thanks again.

Kevin.

Hi everybody,

Great forum and lots of info. Thanks.

I am after Toshiba 36ZP48P, trying to get price match in JL Cheadle. I've tried 'usual suspects' from this thread including RGB Direct, Cramton, (about 7-8 web/shops) ... but they flatly refused me. I will try one more time this weekend, hopefully with different staff, as the first lot was a bit arrogant.

I am prepared to pay ~£900. The only reason I am bothering with John Lewis is that I've got £400 in JL gift vouchers. Otherwise I would definitely buy it somewhere else.

Advice appreciated. Thanks

FM

Just took delivery today of a Sony KD32DX200 from JL in Norwich, price match was with Digital-Point.

Does anybody know of any good price matches for the Tosh 36ZP48.

Cheers.

foxmoulder you have no chance cheadle will not match digital point, sound & vision, empire,crampton blah blah blah. heres the 3 golden rules for jl pricematching.

1,retail store
2,ticketed/shelf edge price
3,both need to have available stock.

doesnt matter who you speak to even if another branch has matched somewhere cheadle wont. as the other jl,s shouldnt be matching those places anyway.

however if you nip down to alders in stanley green see how much they are doing it for get a printout and call into jl . ok ;)

alscds, you are totaly right.

I've given up on JL (cheadle), anyway. Could not be bothered.
Bought cheapo Panasonic 32" on clearance sale, to keep me going for year or two.

I will wait till then, and get good 42/50" HDTV.

Thanks for advice

fm

did you get 32" from jl ? £599 for 100 htz plus when you buy with dmre 55 or dvd video combi you get £180 off ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom