1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JL price match.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Bigpants2k, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Bigpants2k

Bigpants2k
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello,

I'm going to upgrade my TV to a plasma, and JL are probably the best deal with the price match offer they have.

How does Price match work, the company they are price matching with do they have to be a certain radius of where JL are?.
    Can I go into JL and ask them to price match, or do I need to organise it over the phone.

Thanks for you help.

Fred

2. yaris123

yaris123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, well first you need to decide on the tv look around on the interent, when you find the one you want look for the cheapest interent retailer and see if they have a showroom and subsequently have it on display. (just give them a ring). Then ring your nearest JL with the details and they will take it from there and contact you in 2-3 days. Hope this helps.

3. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,549
    Good luck though as it's a bit hit and miss. These are my experiences -

(a) You have to find a store that has a shop. If that shop doesn't have prices labels on the equipment in the store then JL won't match.

(b) The store has to have stock in otherwise JL won't match.

(c) JL has to have stock otherwise they won't match. (This one is really frustrating).

(d) JL can play a 'vague Joker' like "we won't match because of the way that shop operates".

(e) JL do offer a match but come back with a price higher than the store quoted to you. If you ring the store back they quote the original price but JL won't entertain discussion.

(f) You need a good dose of luck. There are many cases where JL will match for one person but refuse an identical match for another.

But don't be put off trying, many have been successful.

Cheers,

Nigel

4. Bigpants2k

Bigpants2k
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for replys guys.

5. AndyH

AndyH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I echo the above. Not being one to parp my own trumpet, but I am not entirely ungifted in the "gab" department.

Even so, I got absolutely nowhere with JL the other day. In fact, the chap almost walked through the list above in that order, throwing in terms like "underselling" and "extra overheads" along the way.

But as I always say, if you don't ask, you don't get.