JL Price match refusal on TH-42PX70-PED. Help!!!!

CRISTO

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals

I just wanted to get your opinions on whats just happened to me.

Having settled on getting the TH42PX70-PED I shopped around to try and get the best deal, and decided to get JL to price match Sound & Vision who had them in stock at £695 inc delivery. Off I went to JL kingston, whose undersales team contacted JL Cheadle, who went to Sound & Vision, only to find that they had sold the ones they had in stock! This leaves me in limbo as JL now say that they wont match the price as Sound & Vision do not have them in stock, but they 100% did (I called S&V myself) when I started the price matching process. I also have a print out from their website that shows that it was in stock!

I feel really hard done by, as I have now lost the opportunity to get the right TV at the right price and am struggling to find anywhere that I can use to price match at that level(all hints gladly accepted).

I personally think that JL should match this price, but they are insistent.

Have any of you guys ever had the same problem?

Cheers

Cristo

And you want to use JL why - er me thinks for the 5 year warranty

So how much extra do they want ? is it worth quibbling over to get the 5 year warranty

regards

Jl want £749 + £99 for the stand. so thats £150 quid more.

yes you're right i want to use them for the 5 yr warranty, just trying to get the best deal possible; dont think thats too bad is it?!

Funnily enough I've spent a big chunk of today reading through posts and noted a better deal on the 42PX70 (£689.99) at askdirect in London (TV's in stock) - check out this link:
http://www.askdirect.co.uk/uview?call=ask.productSearch&id=9748

I was just in the process of contacting JL myself as I want to try to get the 5 year warranty and free delivery option so I'll try to get them to price match, I'll keep you posted on how I get on.

As far as I am aware if there is a shop with stock advertising a product they sell for a lower price they will price eventually match.

:smashin:

Find an Empire Direct with one in stock - they sell the 42PX70-PED for £699.99 and just get JL to price match there instead

chrisx

does that price include the pedestal?? you need to be careful if it does or not??

Unfortunately it doesn't but in my case I'm opting for a wall bracket.

Just had a good old chat with a woman at my local JL who has told me it will take 5 to 7 days for them to price check & get back to me; now I've decided which TV to go for I doubt I will wait beyond Friday as there is a local shop that is selling the TV with the wall bracket for for £753 who will throw in a free 5 year guarantee. With a little bit of haggling and cash in my hand I'm hoping I'll be able to get his price down to a smidgen over £700 or get him to throw in some leads etc.

Have you checked out how much you can get the pedestal for separately as this might still be an option you might like to pursue.

cheapest i can find the stand for is about £80ish, i think i may have to look a little further into that option too.

glad to hear you are all sorted!! i'm itching to get mine now too!!

No offence, but i wonder why you believe JL should price match it? They have a policy which they are very good at sticking to... you haven't met the terms and therefore they won't price match, sounds fair to me!

I had been waiting to hear from JL as to whether they would price match this TV against an ED price of £699.99 (with PED). Hadnt heard back so I called them this afternoon, the lady I spoke to was great and remembered reading the email but it got lost between recieving it and passing it on to undersales. She took my number and called me back 5 minutes later to say they would indded price match. Paid over the phone and it will arrive in store to collect on Saturday. :thumbsup:

Can't keep up with this! So JL will price match the PED package then. Which branch was that Linus? Might have to call my local Watford one and ask the question.

Dan, JL will price match but the item they are checking must be in stock in the store where it is available cheaper, which is where I think the confusion here lays. For example if ABC Electricals are advertising the TV for only £500 but they have none in stock, JL wont price match.

I checked with ED in Dudley, they had dozens in stock (with PED). Called JL in Solihull and they are giving me the TV and the PED for the same price (JL only sell the stand seperately but it seems will price match still).

Find your nearest ED and give them a call to check they're in stock, then go into or call JL. Good luck!

linus
thats great news - i just want to clarify (forgive my stupidity), JL solihull are selling you the tv+ped for £699??

scott mac
i know JL are really very good, and am amazed they PM so much - something that they dont have to do!! my point was that it was in stock with the other shop when i started the price match process, but JL were too slow to check and so the other shop sold out in the mean time, and i lost out a bit. :)

cheers guys.

linus
thats great news - i just want to clarify (forgive my stupidity), JL solihull are selling you the tv+ped for £699??

Not exactly no. To clarify. JL are selling just the TV for £799 and the Pedastal for £99.

Empire Direct are selling the TV with the pedastal (TH-42PX70PED) for £699. Empire Direct by me have these in stock, so John Lewis price matched for me.

You need to find a store near you that has the best price and has the TV with the ped in stock. Then call John Lewis and ask them to price match it. They will check against what you tell them, and then hopefully they will price match it.

thanks linus.

i've just called my JL and started my 2nd price match, based on the dudley ED. hopefully it'll come back positive this time!!

I've been waiting on a price match from John Lewis Oxford St. on this very same T.V. for a week now, and they've yet to get back to me.

Would it be easier if I just walked into the store, and did it there and then? Would they pricematch on the spot?

Also, if anyone happens to know, is there a JL outside of London which would deliver for free to London?

I hope JL price match is better now, as when I tried 2 years, its just a fing lottery :nono:

I'm waiting for a pricematch on this very tv too. Don't hold much hope now because ED have now got the tv at '7-10 days' for delivery when they were in stock in store too when i asked for the pm.

Been a couple of days since i put in the request, but all gone eerily quiet.

I've actually already placed an order on the side with EmpireDirect for the tv, which they told me would take a week to arrive. (689 including 3-year warranty) (without pedestal).

It's now been 2 weeks.

I've called them up to check on things a few times, and they keep blaming Panasonic, saying that they were meant to have stock on New Year's Day, and how Panasonic isn't delivering them.

Yet, this thread itself states that the ED in Dudley have them in stock.

What's going on?

I personally think that JL should match this price, but they are insistent

No offence, but i wonder why you believe JL should price match it? They have a policy which they are very good at sticking to... you haven't met the terms and therefore they won't price match, sounds fair to me!

I agree with Scott on this one, what makes you think that it is your right to expect John Lewis who have a reputation for high quality service, after-sales support and a five year warranty to match whatever is the cheapest price you can have found. Their policy is that the product has to been in stock at the time and it wasn't, seems pretty fair to me.

The Hi-Spek one is the same price as JL Watford though. Wonder why JL Watford are doing it for £699 when it's £799 on their website.

Anyway I'm going to call them tomorrow and try for a price match with Empire Direct at £699 to include the pedestal stand. That's the deal I'm looking for.

What I'd like to know though is how do you find out where Empire Direct have branches? I've looked around their site trying to find a list of them so I could call around checking for stock but can't seem to find any info on that anywhere!

The Hi-Spek one is the same price as JL Watford though. Wonder why JL Watford are doing it for £699 when it's £799 on their website.

Anyway I'm going to call them tomorrow and try for a price match with Empire Direct at £699 to include the pedestal stand. That's the deal I'm looking for.

What I'd like to know though is how do you find out where Empire Direct have branches? I've looked around their site trying to find a list of them so I could call around checking for stock but can't seem to find any info on that anywhere!

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/edxtra/features/stores/

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom