1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JL Price Match query

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Biccy, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Biccy

Biccy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got off phonr to JL undersales after attempting a price match for a TV. They now say that they wont price match Sound & Vision online, RGB, PRC, Digital Point etc anymore because although they have a retail outlet they dont have the items on shelf with a ticket price. The thing is they matched a DVD recorder from RGB only 3 weeks ago as they gave me a store price. Does anybody know if this a recent change or are they attempting to put me off price matching?

2. Techno

Techno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Their whole price match is a farce - Never Knowingly Undersold my ar$e.

They're probably trying to put you off.

I always buy from the cheaper retailer rather than price matching - if it wasn't for them we'd all be paying barmy money for our gear. Look at the prices in JL for AV equipment, disgusting.

3. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Can't agree that it's a farce, but it's certainly a lottery!

Jpriches,

Sorry to hear of your problems.

You seem to have been very unlucky as a lot of people on this Forum rate them highly.

As with all large organisations, your view of them will be very dependent on who you happen to deal with.

Can I suggest that you try again?

Good luck.

4. builder

builder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please see my previous post in another thread, can't remember which one.

My advice keep at em !!

Regards

builder

5. Grif

Grif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I was quite lucky...I got a match first go. I never actually went in to the audio dept....previewed the TV somewhere else, then did the deal over the phone with a very nice lady in the undersales dept. Saved nearly £300 and got a free 5 yr guarantee, so I'd agree with builder and tight git....its worth trying again.
    Everything you need to know is on this forum....thats where I got all my info from.....great search facility, giving you access to a vast amount of info....superb :smashin:

Best of luck with it.

6. Biccy

Biccy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Think you're all right in that its down to who you deal with. Got a lady in Bristol undersales to match the RDXS32 dvdr at £400 from £550 no problem from RGB Direct, now the lady in Southampton sais no to matching RGB etc for the TV?! May try a diff branch i guess.