1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JL Price Match on Pio screen

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pwhite8314, Jan 6, 2003.

1. pwhite8314

pwhite8314
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All - quick question - I know JL will only match internet sites of they actually have stock, however, do they have the same requirement of normal stores? Richer have the Pio screen at £4099, but can't give me any idea when stock might arrive, so I need to liik elsewhere. JL have it listed for £4.9k.

So, will JL match the RS price, even though they're out of stock?

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    www.nexnix.co.uk have the pio 43 mxe at 2995 + vat they usally have all in stock

3. MichaelJP

MichaelJP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Isn't one of the rules for a JL pricematch that the store not only has to have stock but also be within a certain radius of the JL outlet you are using? Something like 20 miles?

- MichaelJP

4. Bonzaimaster

Bonzaimaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just tried to get JL to match a Panasonic at RS but they refused because they were out of stock.

When I called them, they also said that RS make price promises that they cannot keep... such as the stock never materialises.

Anyone else managed to successfully match JL with RS?

5. pwhite8314

pwhite8314
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jmack - it's for an HDE screen, JL don't do the MXE.

MichaelJP - I'm sure I can find an RS within 20 miles of a JL store, although I've not been able to find anything that suggests such a limit - I think for them to actually reduce their ticket price it has to be within a certain distance.

:(

6. Bonzaimaster

Bonzaimaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MichaelJP - Is the 20 mile radius a recent thing? I've got the Kingston store to price match against Robert Whythe in Glasgow about nine months ago.

7. dvdbrowser.com

dvdbrowser.com

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I managed to get them to Price Match RS in Edinburgh up here in Aberdeen and i don't think RS had stock then.

Basically the letter that i got from the Assistant General Manager said:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Thank you for recently letting us know that Panasonic 42" Plasma wall bracket and Panasonic TH42PHW5B plasma monitor are being offered at R***** Sounds for £299.95 and £3500 respectively, compared with £355 and £4295 at John Lewis Aberdeen.

We confirm the information that you have given us.
    I understand that you have not yet made your purchases but when you do so you will be charged the lower price of £299.95 and £3500 for these products. Would you bring this letter with you to the Audio and Television department when you come to buy these items.

We work hard to ensure that all our prices remain competitive and are grateful when customers take the trouble to let us know if they see an item at a lower price"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Add to that the 5 year guarantee and the fact that i got this with out the tuner box being purchased.
    ( i've got mine hooked up via HTPC and Dscaler with TV pictures)

I suggest you push them further or contact the Aberdeen branch to see if they will deliver to your area.

Steve.

8. MichaelJP

MichaelJP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "Is the 20 mile radius a recent thing?"

I don't know for sure - from what other people have said a lot of this pricematch stuff seems to be at the discretion of the particular store management.

- MichaelJP