1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JL Price Match for TH42PW6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Parklife, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Has anyone had a successful price match for the Panasonic TH42PW6 with John Lewis?

I found a price for the package at PRC but JL will not price match it!

Thanks

2. jimbob19

jimbob19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Is this for the Silver version ? Because thats exactly what I'm trying to do at the moment .
    I don't know if JL offer this screen , or if they do what there package is , anyone seen these in JL ?

3. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I had a price match back in february for one of these. They pricematched firstly techtronics and then, a few days later, I found it cheaper at Crampton & Moore and they pricematched them as well saving me a little more.

Excellent customer service, I had no hassle whatsoever with them: just sent them a fax asking for the pricematch and supplying prints from the sites showing the items were in stock and showing that they had a retail store base as well as the internet site.

Don't know if they pricematch to RGB direct (or even how much they do them for) but they have a retail store and I usually find their prices to be reasonable.

Bear in mind though, they will only pricematch if you have the price inclusive of the tuner: they will not match to just the screen as they only sell "televisions", not monitors. Lots here hate the tuner but I didn't find it that bad at all. If worst came to the worst, you could always try to sell it on if you didn't want one.

Hope this helps. :)

4. Fat Tony

Fat Tony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Reckless,

Can you please clarify exactly what PW6 screen config. it is that JL sells, as I was told that it has to be exactly the same spec. otherwise no undersale possible. Believe it or not I asked JL Oxford St and they could not tell me what config. their PW6 is!! I know it has a tuner, but what about speakers, boards, etc?

Also what was the undersale price you got (if you don't mind revealing)?
    :thumbsup:

5. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when we purchased ours from j lewis it came with tuner & tuner board which we have since sold, we also got them to price match with crampton and more

6. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    The set up JL offer is the screen, the tuner box and the tuner board. To price match you need to send them the quote or screen print showing that all these are included. Hope this helps

7. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Just got confirmation from JL that they will price match Crompton & Moore and my cheque should be in the post!!

Right now what new dvd player to accompany my plasma......

8. Quinny

Quinny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Reckless

What John Lewis branch agreed to price match? Robert Sayle in Cambridge (John Lewis Partnership) refused to price match Techtronics. I have already purchased a 434HDE and the price at Techtronics is £836 cheaper!

9. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I got the match at JL in Bluewater.

10. Quinny

Quinny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Parklife. Lets see what Cambridge have to say.

11. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ditto Bluewater!

Johns Wifey, ps excellent aftersales. Replaced first one with dents in frame for a perfect PW6! They ordered one special when there were supply probs.

:thumbsup:

12. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Peterborough. What happened was that I contacted Peterborough because it was the closest store to the techtronics retail outlet: I thought they might have some sort of policy regarding distance from the store. They agreed to pricematch but whilst I was waiting, I stumbled across a better price at crampton and moore so sent them a fax with the details asking if they would consider matching the lower price.

They rang me to confirm that they would match and given that I live in Wales, suggested that they ring the nearest branch to me (Bristol) to arrange the sale. Bristol rang me about 10 mins later to say that Peterborough told them to price match and so could they sort out the details.

I found them extremely helpful all the way through the process and although I eventually had to return the panny to them (I appear to be one of those few that can see flicker on the panny) I have nothing but praise for their customer service. There was never any hassle and they always kept me up to date on their progress whilst checking.

I'm giving serious consideration to buying one of the new sony lcd screens but I'm hoping that by the time I'm ready to order they'll stock them. Not just because I'd like another price match but because their service was so good all the way through that I'd rather give them my business than go elsewhere.

13. Quinny

Quinny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for the replies. I managed to get the price matched today at Robert Sayle and they refunded the full amount of £836! Add to that the free five year guarentee and it all adds up to a bit steal!

14. scorpio26

scorpio26

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I looked for them on the web; couln't find anything. Who & where are they?

Thanks

15. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
  16. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Further to this I have found that they have 2 criteria seemingly.
    1) The 'opposition' need to have a retail site.
    2) They must have it in stock.
    It doesn't matter where in the UK they are relative to you, you could be in Dorchester and the price match in Edinburgh. Thanks to JPD on this forum, I managed to get an excellent price match on a Hitachi 5300 with Electra Sales who don't even have a web site. Their price was better than any I found on the web. (They're in Bradford).