1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JL Edinburgh and 32ZD26

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Adele, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Adele

Adele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just called John Lewis in Edinburgh to see if they'd price match Robertsons who are selling the Tosh 32ZD26 for £905.

Amazingly, JL say that they are not stocking this model, but only have the Tosh 32Z23. Is this correct or are they trying to fob me off? I thought that such a large chain would certainly stock such a popular TV.

I may just have to buy it at Robertsons - does anyone have any good/bad experiences with Robertsons or Robertsons Online?

Are JL telling me pork pies?

Cheers,
    Adele.

2. cow

cow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Adele

I was in the Glasgow branch of John Lewis about 4 weeks ago looking at televion sets.

I asked the assistant specifically about the 32ZD26P and he replied that they did not have that model in stock at the moment, implying that they were waiting on it.

I would enquire about the TV separately without mentioning a price match.

Would it be possible to try Robert Whyte as the price match candidate if JL does receive stock? They are currently offering the 32ZD26P for £879.99.

Try a search on JL price matching against Robert Whyte, I think I have read some previous posts about this topic.

Searching on Robert Whyte should throw up a few posts. ;)

regards
    cow

3. Andy30

Andy30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi
    I've just had my 32ZD26P delivered this morning after buying it from Robertsons 2 weeks ago.
    They were pleasant and helpful on the phone and on the whole it wasn't the most painful experience.
    One small problem though, when I ordered the Tv I specifically asked if it could be delivered to an upstairs room they said yes no problem, the delivery men from Toshiba didn't know anything about it and I was left with it sitting in the box in the front room as they told me they were not insured if anything happened. (fair enough I suppose)
    Apart from that I'm very pleased with them, and the Tv blew me away when I eventually set it up.

Hope this helps.

Andy

4. Adele

Adele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to toddle along to JL tomorrow and ask (without mentioning price matching) if they stock, or are planning to stock the 32ZD26.

If not, I'll probably just go along to Robertsons - though I would have liked the free 5 year warranty from JL!

Can't wait to get this TV now that I've actually decided on going for it. It's a much bigger sized set than I was planning - but I'll re-arrange the living room somehow to accommodate this 901cm wide beast!

I'm like a kid at Christmas just now - I've so far bought a Denon AVR3802, Monitor Audio Silver speakers (8i/10i/fxi), QED Silver anniversary cables. Tomorrow I'm getting getting a Denon DVD2800 Mk2 and an MJ Acoustics Pro 50 sub delivered.

I can't wait to get the Tosh TV and some component leads and have a proper play about with it all. My husband thinks I'm mad (but he's secretly quite pleased with the performance of all the kit so far).

Cheers,
    Adele.

5. Oblivion

Oblivion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Welcome to the Tosh 32ZD26P Club - You will be amazed :D

Paul

6. sparrow-07

sparrow-07

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I was considering one of these, but at over 9 meters wide I would have to move into Wembley Arena.:D :D

7. Adele

Adele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whoops - I meant 901mm of course!

If only I could afford a house that WOULD be able to accommodate a 9m screen - I'll keep doing that lottery then shall I?

Cheers,
    Adele.