Jitter - New PS3 Blu-ray playback

rimibar

Morning fellow forumers!

I have recently purchased the new version PS3 120GB. I love it generally, however for Blu-ray playback I'm noticing a fair amount of video jitter - particularly in fast moving sequences.

The PS3 is connected via a very good quality HDMI (G&BL Luxury) and it has been updated with the latest firmware.

Is this being experienced by anyone else? Is this the best I can expect with a PS3 rather than a dedicated player?

Any feedback very gratefully received!

Ta

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
whats the ps3 set to? 1080p24? or 108060, or even lower?

i would think its your kit, possibly the projector, not handling motion as well as newer projectors(going on your kit list), like a projector that handles 1080p24 or can accept it and play it back smoothly(HD65,optomas gametime projectors)
if it is selected, try switching off the 24hz mode, and see if 60hz improves the motion..failing that its either live with it, or try new kit.

plenty people have judder issues, its not just down to the ps3, or players, sometimes, most times its their displays that are the issue.

rimibar

Morning Rotten,

Thanks for that - I'm actually using a Samsung 1080p screen - series 6 (I think?!) which supports 24fps. The projector is in the other room, and I haven't yet tried the PS3 on it. Although its only 720p it does have great video processing - so perhaps that's the next step to try.

I'm surprised that the TV is to blame, I've only had it 6 months or so!!

Cheers

R

You mean "judder" (Jitter is an audio term)?

Turn off "film mode" and all the "enhancing" gubbins and set the PS3 to 1080/24.

Morning fellow forumers!

I have recently purchased the new version PS3 120GB. I love it generally, however for Blu-ray playback I'm noticing a fair amount of video jitter - particularly in fast moving sequences.

The PS3 is connected via a very good quality HDMI (G&BL Luxury) and it has been updated with the latest firmware.

Is this being experienced by anyone else? Is this the best I can expect with a PS3 rather than a dedicated player?

Any feedback very gratefully received!

Ta

rimibar

You mean "judder" (Jitter is an audio term)?

Turn off "film mode" and all the "enhancing" gubbins and set the PS3 to 1080/24.
Judder was what I meant Lee! Go easy! It is Monday morning after all :)

Thanks - will try this tonight!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom