Jin-roh For Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by chelsea.tone, Sep 17, 2007.

1. chelsea.tone

chelsea.tone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,255
    Bandai Visual USA has announced that they are bringing the anime 'Jin-Roh' to Blu-ray on November 27th. The release will come with a 20-page booklet featuring an interview with director Hiroyuki Okiura and the complete 522-page storyboard book (Japanese). No technical specs have been released at this time.

Tony

2. Leynos

Leynos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Fingers crossed that this one won't cost eighty dollars.

3. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +553
    I also hope it's UK playable.

I hadn't actually heard of this film but, after reading the DVD owner review below, it sounds interesting. There are no serious spoilers in the review hence why I selected it;

"The Best Anime of the new millenium so far...., July 15, 2001
    By Mathew P. Peters "mdpeters" (Brier, WA USA) - See all my reviews

I just saw this film in theaters.It has got to be the most emotional film that got to me since perhaps Schindler's List. JIN-ROH, THE WOLF BRIGADE could maybe be described as a "politico-military love tragedy thriller". Produced by the renowned studio Production I.G., with a script by Mamoru Oshii (Ghost in the Shell), this is a very strong debut for young director Hiroyuki Okiura.
    This film looks incredible from beginning to end. Unfortunately, this may be the last anime movie to be done using hardly any computer assistance. The anime employs over 80,000 hand-painted cells and has taken 3 years to make. The character designs are excellent and individualistic(characters actually look Japanese.No large eyes to be found). There is great attention to detail in the movements of the people and objects on screen. Everything moves realistically down to the last motion. I also liked the dark and muted color scheme. There were many instances where I could question if I was watching animation or not. In fact, I think this movie looks more realistic than the real world.

The sound is excellent. There is sound everywhere in this film from the murky and creepy sounds of the tunnels to the chirping birds flying through the town. The guns used by the Panzers sound *powerful*, the cars cough, and the trees rustle. Like the animation, everything is done down to the last detail.

The music is written by Hajime Mizuguchi (Please Save My Earth/Vision of Escaflowne) which is melancholic, eerie and beautiful. It fits the film perfectly. I only wish that there was more of it since the film doesn't have much music in it. Everything is well composed and creates the perfect atmosphere for the scene it's in. I own the OST myself and listen to it almost everyday. The one track that I know will stick in your head is the ending theme which was composed by Yoko Kanno (Macross Plus/Vision of Excaflowne). The ending theme brought me to tears the first time I heard it in the movie (which I'd like to note is sung by Gabrielle Robin). I highly recommend that you buy the soundtrack.

All of the Japanese voice actors voices fit perfectly and every voice expresses the character's emotions. From the cold and serious voice of Fuse to the quiet and sincere voice of Kei, this film delivers some great voice acting.

The version of the film I saw in theaters was English dubbed but it was done carefully and each of the voices fit the characters excellently."

4. dbs2

dbs2
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    I have never really watched this type of film before but that review has got me very interested indeed.... :smashin:

Thanks.......